Jafu’s grow

Maui Wowie - 9 beans of anticipation hoping for 4 - females 1 - male. Will soak upto 72 hrs. Once tap root visible will drop directly into media. Extras will be killed or gifted. If you are close to Albuquerque hit me up.

Blue Dream - Week 3 of flower

6 Likes

You may have better success rates with a 24 hr soak then damp paper towels till tap root breaks.thats a long time w no oxygen for the frail seeds :wink:

5 Likes

Once I see tap root I remove. If they don’t pop after 72 hrs I assume they are no good and toss.

2 Likes

Some that didn’t make the cut might have tapped with more oxygen is what hoppiefrog is getting at. If you put them into soaked paper towel, cover up and keep warm you may even have 100% success. I use the paper towel and every seed I have germinated has tapped.

4 Likes

I’ve always used paper towel method… Ive never soaked in water before… Just soaked the paper towel put in ziplock bag and put in my upper kitchen cupboard… I squeeze bag but always allow for oxygen … I’ve always got a Taproot with 3-5 days

2 Likes

You may be drowning some of your seeds brother :facepunch::call_me_hand:

1 Like

These guys did a trial on tomato seeds and used 36h soaks. Especially interesting is using gibberellic acid and it’s effects on plant growth overall as well as seed starting. Do some research on using it with old seeds, too. Interesting stuff!

1 Like

Will ensure that I explain my process better ( not sure on all the terms everyone uses) . This is what I meant by popped, the seed swells and begins to split usually after 24-48 hrs of soak. Then I put them in the soil. I have tried the paper towel method with the beans that don’t split and they didn’t germinate. After cutting them open the core was black and rock hard. All the seeds were from the same breeder and seed bank just different strains. The seed bank ripped me off also. This method has worked well for me for years in my gardening so carried into my growing of cannibas. I am here to share experiences and learn. So keep the questions and suggestions coming.

3 Likes

Seeds are placed, everything set just need to drink another gatoraid for my last dome. Will keep the temp at 80f, 18-6 light cycle at 24 inches above plants. I use a KIND XL600 and my sweet spot for it is 12-24 inches. Soil will be kept moist until seedling appears then will begin watering schedule. RO water until plant is 3 weeks old then will start nutrients at 50%.

2 Likes

4th week of flower

Hoping my pollination experiment is working. The buds I pollinated are turning while everything around them appear normal. :crossed_fingers:t2:

5 Likes

Thanks for the read, had to download the pdf and take notes on it as I had to look up a lot of the terms. Lol. Going to try it on my next batch if I can find the acid for reasonable price. Thanks again

2 Likes

All but one of the Mw began there life this morning just poking though :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The Kokanee were running went snagging for week, fish were much smaller this year. But still had a great time. Always worry about my plants though when I am gone. Lol

Blue Dream- About 4 weeks to go, pretty much on autopilot

Maui Wowie- Almost 2 weeks old, looking good, have some water burn on the lower fan leaves from the domes doing good otherwise.

4 Likes

Mowie Wowie: First topping had to wait for slowest plant. This is the first chance I get to start on a even canopy. Placed the tops in solo cups w/ perolite, and rapid rooter. They are in with my Blue Dream on a 12/12 light cycle now and within two weeks I will be able to sex my Maui Wowie. First cropping will be today and will be changing my light cycle to 20/4 from 18/6. Will transplant to 5 g after sexing.

Blue Dream: Doing well getting heavy added more trellis netting. Mowie Wowie is angry but will be fine later today. Going to make some peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies later :sunglasses:

Made some blueberry canna butter yesterday.

5 Likes