Just starting flower stage straight organic second grow and first veg

Baby girls are flowering now can’t wait to show u guys straight worm cast soil along with washed eggshells and used coffee as nutrients no molasses yet it thinking about it or maybe in about a month…and feeding them straight water…used coffee grounds on top of soil is the best so far for me for everything… Why Use Coffee Grounds As Fertilizer? - YouTube and I trained and trimmed them just recently

7 Likes

Hi @mrnmrsleon

wonderful that you are using your resources at home to grow your plant, but I think you going to need a little more than that. Looking at your soil, it seems you are using compost and perlite mix in there. Dont know if you have considered making teas with your inputs e.g eggshells mixed with vinegar, aerating your worm castings, and mollasses teas. It might give your plants that extra boost with not much added effort. Do a search on GN for some tea ideas, added oxygen will make a world of difference.

https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/tea-recipe/

https://forum.growersnetwork.org/t/recipe-help/

3 Likes

I have been using Used Coffee Grounds for all the nutrients they need and the used coffee grounds keeps my ph level in between what it supposed to be…but deff going to check that out and research it as well…

2 Likes

I dont disagree with you. I love coffee and use it for mulching, worms and compost. I also love the direction you are heading as well as the use of resources usually thrown away. However, the amendments you are using are mainly used for nitrogen ( coffee and wormcastings ). Cannabis can grow well with very limited inputs, but needs both macro- ( (N)itrogen-P-K) and micro-nutrients ( manganese, copper, zinc…) to thrive. Lets elevate our craft!

Funny enough, I am sitting here drinking THC coffee thinking hmmmmmm, could this be even better for my plants… :joy: Too much thinking.

7 Likes

Lmfao I know lolol always thinking of what can be done better but I did grab a jar of molasses recently and going to look up how much I’m going to have to add…haven’t had the time to read it yet…

2 Likes

Just took a pic cause lights just switched on and these bud sights look amazing man especially for my second grown and it’s my first veg stage I ever did and it’s a second flower…

The bushier plant smells so good and skunky I can sit there and smell it all day lmfao…

6 Likes

Put some fresh pictures up here. The more you post the more chance of people coming by to see what you’re doing. Bring the conversation to you. What you are doing here is interesting. Keep posting and people will start watching. :+1:t3:
@mrnmrsleon you can also invite people here by tagging them like I just did you. You probably already know that just thought I’d mention it. :v:t3:

4 Likes

@happilyretired
Thank you brother I do post fresh pics probably every 4 days or so and everytime I feed them with straight water I always let everyone know I’m sprinkling the used coffee grounds for them…trying brother trying

[

5 Likes

Looking good man :+1:t2:

4 Likes

What country are you in if you don’t mind me asking?
That might help us figure out what kind of supplements that you have laying around that you don’t know about. You don’t happen to have any Epson salts do you?

4 Likes

@happyhippy thank you…!!!

2 Likes

@happilyretired NY and the only organic stuff I’m using is worm cast soil with washed eggshells along with some used coffee grounds sprinkled on the top of the soil and I do the used coffee grounds every other week and that’s what they look like and yes rosin salt I can get from a Walmart…next I was researching on how to pinch the buds and when to!! Lolol I really read a lot…and as far as lighting I’m using 2-4’ led shop lights 1-full spectrum 2 footer and 12-23 watt cfls equivalent to a 100 each and my ppfd usually stays between 700 and 1000…

2 Likes

Most home stores Lowe’s Home Depot and such they have premium raised bed potting soil. It’s not fox farms or ocean forest by any means but it has bat guano and worm castings and all the other necessary things for your plants just not as much as the more expensive soil. That is the stuff I use on my outdoor grows in pots. It gets you off to a real good start not needing to give the plants anything but water for four or five weeks before you start using tea’s or salts or whatever. As far as using molasses I always thought that it was put there to feed the microbes in the soil. Happy soil happy plant. That’s just the way I understood it when I used to use it.

4 Likes

@happilyretired

And perlite sry I forgot I used that as well but yes I are very correct the first 4-5 weeks all I did was water that’s it when they get past that is when I usually do the coffee thingy…

4 Likes

My indoor grow is quite the DYI closet like yours! What kind of lights are you using? (I don’t know enough about the PAR meter numbers.)

3 Likes

If you read the line above earth worm castings it says organic soil enhancer. It’s organic fertilizer it’s not soil.Your flower is only going to be as good as it can get with the environment that you provide. If you have a closet full of smoke I can see growing like this for an experiment but I think you’ll find much better product if it gets a little more of what it needs to produce good flower. You’ll figure it out. I’ll share anything that I know and tag in somebody else for what I don’t. I’m following your journal now so every time you post I will know it. There’s a lot very good growers with a lot of very different styles around here. It just takes a little time to figure it out.

3 Likes

The light that I have in my veg cabinet is the light that I built. I just bought some 1 inch aluminum channel special high temperature tape and 4 foot long LED strips. I had help to figure out what I needed as far as strips and driver and then I ordered the parts and built it. It’s a great veg light but I could flower under it if I wanted to, although it wouldn’t be the best.
I think there’s a picture of the Light I built built within the fun first hundred posts on my journal.

I’m not very well-versed on the par thing either. I have to relearn it every time I get into it. Light is probably the most important Part of the grow. It’s also usually the most expensive. I’ve seen people grow some pretty nice stuff with the light set up similar to yours.

4 Likes

@happilyretired lmfao I didn’t realize it was just fertilizer lololol it’s working thow I watched a YouTube video and read a lil google and it pointed me to that and at first I bought them at a family dollar lolol them Walmart carry’s them I set the light up pretty good it’s 4-6 way and all adapters for the lights to be plugged in the only thing that I have to really watch is how close I put the leds…some leds need to be about 15-30” away to where I can put the cfl 4” away and for the ppfd I belive it’s pretty much the intensity of the lights on the top of the canopy to the cfl and leds are lumens soni pretty much mixed them both lolol just said whatever they will grow and they did lol…

And that’s the used coffee grounds I use as well…

3 Likes

I’m using cfls and leds but have to watch how far the leds and the cfls are from the canopy leds 15-30” away and cfls from 4-8” away and my ppfd is pretty much between 700-1000

3 Likes

How large is your grow area?

3 Likes