Just starting out

This is my first grow so I have lots an lots to learn but I’ve also learned alot by trial and error, books, and horrible mistakes Wich was the best learning curve for me. My plants are doing great. I have a nutrition schedule, I only give them Culligan water (not that expensive and makes my plants look and become the best they can be) and so far it’s nigh and day comparing my northern lights to most others. I’ve totally fallen in love with growing just in this short 2 month period. But I’m sure I’ll need help or advice at one time or another so that’s why I’m here

9 Likes

Welcome to GN and we’re just a tag away if needed. :wink::+1:
Just put the @ sign before the name like this @doverdog0512 and we’ll get notice.
There’s a wealth of knowledge and experience here and all more than willing to help. :v:

7 Likes

Welcome to the growers network man best cultivation community ive ever had the opportunity to be a part of!!!

9 Likes

Welcome to the GN Family @doverdog0512
Hope you learn as much as we do here.

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

Welcome @doverdog0512, and don’t hesitate to tag anybody if you have questions or something you want to show someone, by putting the @ in front of their names, that way, they get notified! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Welcome @doverdog0512. You definitely found the right place to learn. I learn a few new things every time I’m here.

5 Likes

Um High, LBD Warrior here aka Jeff. I am not exactly a new grower but I am new to not only this place but online grower forums and such in total. The LBD part of my nick comes from the fact that I have what is called Lewy Body Dementia which is kind of like a cross between Alzheimers and Parkinsons, with some special unique features thrown in. I only state this here as an intro to bed the readers forgiveness when I mess things up. See, with Lewy Body, you are don’t have dementia everyday progressing in a linear manner until you become a house plant. With LBD, you cycle in and out of insanity or dementia several times per day, less so in the beginning and moreso as things progress. So its not that I am some level of crazy all the time, its more like i get a set number of hours of sanity per day; in the beginning it was like 23/1, 23 hours of sanity or being my old self and 1 of complete dementia, can’t talk, barely walk, memory shot to hell, hallucinations, the whole ball of wax. Now things have progressed where I get maybe 3 hours of clarity per day and I try to do my interaction with people in that state…but if I post here in the wrong state well…there is some pretty crazy shit going on in my head on the best of days.

Growing has been my therapy, my constant, my rock of gibraltar in the ocean of chaos. And I learned and developed my growing in isolation so I may not know all the buzz words and such plus I get my way of growing may seem odd to others but it works for me.

One passion I have about growing I want folks to know is that I am an advocate of teaching the disabled to grow quality meds; after all, aren’t they the folks the M in MMJ stands for? So I have developed a number of tricks and methods that can help the disabled grower keep going long after they might otherwise be forced to quit…

For laughs and for a clue how seriously I take my predicament, here are some PSAs I made supporting cannabis as a treatment for dementia:

I catch what I call the “Hallmark Movie Dementia” crowd by surprise, they are all into the grim, sad side of things so they can get apoplectic when they see my stuff…

8 Likes

@lbdwarrior welcome to the family. Whew thats a lot going on. But were here if you need any help with your grows. Glad you found your hobby of growing and making medicine aka weed.

6 Likes

Cheers; I am actually at the point of dialling it down really so from a perspective my grow setup becomes simpler with each passing day…

5 Likes

High @doverdog0512 and @lbdwarrior Welcome to the network!

Everyone else … … Oz back :wink:

I don’t want to go thru that shit again

rd

And to you covid19

Finger

6 Likes

errr…huh? For the new kids in class…wtf are you on about? Back from what? I go on mental trips all the time, its great, in ways so-called normal folks never imagine. I mean since you mentioned the covid 19 virus, I have dementia, text-book. And folks with dementia have a well-earned reputation for being shut-ins and the really wild irony is, here we are as a plant, all of us shut in and most are like getting cabin fever being shut in and all…and the kicker is, because of our dementia, we are the ones NOT stuck at home… This is no joke and I am hoping a bunch of stoners might understand this where normal nurses and doctors simply do not. When you have dementia, you being unshackled from the constraints of reality that everyone else must endure and as-such, your mind is really free to go in all manner of directions normal folks might find surprising. So when I am shut in and want to go out, I just have to take a toke, shut my eyes and I am friggin gone. Don’t need the joint really, its just there to make the ride better…but I can do this when I want now and the big msg is, anyone with dementia can do it…

Dementia and The Undiscovered Country…

3 Likes

Welcome back brother. Glad ur feeling better now. :+1::v:

7 Likes

@oldguy‘s right! Good to hear from you @piper :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Are you feeling better? And the wife?
I sincerely hope you guys are good and safe now ! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

@oldguy @kapouic

Yeah, we are both much better, thanks :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Nice to see you brother glad your better. Say hi to the wife.

6 Likes

@lbdwarrior@piper is family and just recently was going through a troublesome period but doing better now thank God… We all have our problems or issues just like you have your dementia I have my OCD and ADHD… we were all just saying how it is good to have part of the family back and healthy… That’s all buddy

5 Likes

Whoa, pls I meant no offense, none at all…I was just lost. Not an excuse, just a reason. One thing I hate about dementia in general is the aphasia. This is mostly taken to mean I swap words in my speech but according to NIH there are like 15 classifications of it, from speech to having your vision scrambled to your hearing mixed up or in my case, I have like a macro kind where whole concepts and sentences get swapped out, can think “I need to pee” but say “this is an exxxxxcellent bud dude!”. The worst part is I can look like I meant to say that and the second worst is that attempts to fix it just compound the problem and I dig the hole conceptually deeper. My point is when you know me you now I am not an attack person for example so if an attack comes out of my mind, take a second and think and let me fix…painful bit is I used to have a good vocabulary so now I sound like I am not just normal but smart, when in point of fact I am dumber than a villain on the Easy level of any game. But I sound smart so ppl think I mean what I say and take it to heart…Wow. All of that because I really didn’t mean anything by anything and also now realize you and other have issues as well and…well…I have learned to deal with the terminal nature of my own with dark humor and simply minimizing the issue…I make fun of my own dementia and coming room temperature status. In fact I am enrolled in a study on dark humor in dementia patients for Hull University in UK…so no offense meant, just grappling with being in a new social situation I wasn’t prepared for…

7 Likes

I absolutely get it @lbdwarrior I know you meant no harm I was just trying to explain why they were saying good to hear from him … you can’t help it sometimes no worries brother just felt aggressive towards a fellow family member who we haven’t heard from in awhile who was dealing with this covid bullshit more than most… @piper glad to see you back :facepunch::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

4 Likes

All good man, good vibes, Thanks brothers & sisters

smoking-dope-cartoon

6 Likes

:rofl:… I definitely miss those… The one with the cat taking a bong rip was funny as hell I couldn’t stop laughing

5 Likes