Keeping your self busy and looking to the future

So my family and I have Just returned home from Disney World back to Ontario :canada:. I found myself scared and anxious about this whole situation. But I found all my worries were gone when in the garden. So I have been planning grows, trimming, Making butter, about to make a cloner once shipment gets here fingers crossed it’s supposed to be here today.

13 Likes

Thanks bro; good thinking!!

9 Likes

So all my stuff arrived woohoo! I will post some pics when I’m done making cloner hopefully later tonight.

8 Likes

Sorry no pics yet. I did get some of it done. I will do my best to get some up later today.

8 Likes

Take your time friend! Nobody’s in a hurry :nerd_face:

And loads of healthy and good vibes sent your way too! :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks for the kind words.

5 Likes

8 Likes

So I got a locking lidded tote that has a seal. And a 5’ length of 3/4” pipe. Also 4 90’s, 3 T’s and a fitting to screw into the pump. I ended up with about 2” of scrap but I might cut it shorter still but want to test and see first. I’d rather take some off and make it shorter than try and make it longer. I got a pack of 55 360o nozzles that also came with a drill bit. So I still need to drill one spot and see how it goes so I can plan out where to space the nozzles. Also still need to clean up all the pipes and fittings and drill the holes in the lid for the net pots.

7 Likes

Oh I also need to cover the outside of the tote as it is a tinted clear. I will also probably have to get a bit bigger pump but oh well. If that’s the case then I can make another smaller one with smaller tubing. I also have 2” net pots, 2” neoprene inserts and a foam kneeling mat so I can make my own inserts. I also picked up a 5’x8’ emergency blanket and some bamboo stakes. To make something to cover them up. The blanket is sweet it’s like a big mirror but I’m sure the people at the dollar store that I was crazy because of all this shit going on. It was the day after I got home and the day before my family and I were told to self isolate but we were expecting to be so we had a bunch of stuff for the kids to do and a bunch of chocolate bars. I kinda have a problem with chocolate :drooling_face:.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Just thought I’d put up some picks of the ones I’m going to clone when this thing is done

7 Likes

So I finished the sprayer assembly last night and the pump I thought was to small works great. I ended up with 11 nozzles in it. Now I need to cut the lid and clean and sterilize everything and cut some clones!! I also have a new light to go into my tent I just need to reconfigure the other ones.

5 Likes

I might not use the net pots as they are pretty small. I was thinking maybe just going with the inserts right into the lid.

4 Likes

NQA (newbie question alert) : Won’t it cause a lot of roots entanglements? And will that cause problems in the long haul? :nerd_face::thinking:

3 Likes

It will be a trial and error for the first few runs. I am also only planning on keeping them in the unit until the start to show some good small roots starting then either put them into my DWC or into soil. I will keep them in a little longer for the DWC probably. But like I said for now it is just a trial and error kinda situation lol.

4 Likes

At least you got a few days to work it out! :wink:

3 Likes

Not if you’re just cloning… the roots won’t be that massive and easy to untangle for the first while…

4 Likes

Yes nothing but time. Was planning on making one soon anyways and figured no better time then now. It helps keep me off of the new app and I really enjoy my gardening helps me relax.

2 Likes

3 Likes

In the home stretch now!

2 Likes