Knowledge needed

Been giving it water only one day ph was a little loW but corrected that.I just dimmed ligh to 20 percent.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Growers Network. What kinda soil you got there?

What strain is your baby?

Hi @bigmiketx , welcome to GN. Tell us more.

1 Like

Nothern light autos the soil is a local living earth organic with perlite and vermite .Ive been giving it water with adjusted ph which was low one day but other then that its a sf 4000 led which i started 20 percent till last week cranked it up to 50 on third week ive since backed it off.I know i should have used a better soil but budget restraints kepted me from doing so.Jyst wanted to see if i could save them .was running 18/6

2 Likes

Autos northern light the soil is local living earth mix with perlite vermite i know not best soil budget tight trying get first run then upgrade.

3 Likes

i don’t use any extra soil lol. tight budget is bout right. i use soil from my backyard… nothin else lol. i kinda pride myself on having the absolute cheapest grow in the county, and that’s sayin a lot. hope you have fun with your first run man

3 Likes

Okie dokie. Well that’s going to be interesting. Living soil has living microbes and life working under the soil. You should be feeding living soil amendments.

Quoted from that site:

" When using living soil there is no need to ph your water. You also don’t want to use an RO water filter. Regardless of if you are using city water, or well water, we recommend using a sediment and carbon filter on your water. Straight city water can slowly kill your soil through the chlorine, or chloromine."

1 Like

to clear up a lil… i live on 20 acres with a creek running through my property. it’s about 200 yards to the shore of lake superior. im around 20 to 30 ft above the water table, meaning “my” creek runs through a ravine through my property. my driveway alone is over 100 yards and i got a shooting range out the back at around 150 yards from my front door. all that said, i have a pretty decent well, and i’m 7 miles in any direction from signs of civilization, like a gas station or a town. i have good soil, there have been gardens all over this plot since i was a kid. got an apple orchid bout 70 to 80 yards from my door on the left side of my first field… so yeah, trying soil from a populated area, city or suburb, wouldn’t be as good.

apple orchid is to the left before tree line… garden is also left, but much closer lol. welcome to Michigan. get the neighbor’s attention by rackin off shots

2 Likes

Lol country life. I hear shots about afternoon to eve or at the grow. We are deep in the country. I admit I’ve added to the noise myself. Lots of land and time lol. There are large boars running around out here. I’m not trying to get mauled. Lol

Safety is key. From nature and in this industry, the people… lol.

2 Likes

I’m jealous of your farm life though. I’d be growing under some fruit trees for sure. Lots of bugs to mess with though I bet…

1 Like

couldn’t say it better man

2 Likes

Thanks im stressing more over these then i did with my first born lol

3 Likes

you just want em to reach their full potential, as any parent would :wink:

2 Likes

I agree being in nicu isnt where you want them to start.

3 Likes