African Landrace strains

Always been fond of African sativa’s and especially the purest sativa strains. Actually sourcing pure sativa strains for a client at the moment and have been watching this grow very closely. Gent grows a wide variety of strains and included a lineup of lesotho highlands, Swazi Rooibaart and Durban poison. Sorry did not snap pictures of the others as I was gifted this speciman was totally focused. I harvested her yesterday and looking forward to the smoke.

16 Likes

I would love to grow a sativa landrace. Looks great!

8 Likes

They are beautiful plants to grow and generally very resistant to the troubles indica dominant strains are prone to. You just need space and time.

9 Likes

how do you buy seeds?

2 Likes

Not sure how pure they are… I don’t think they’re from motherland’s but I was scoping them out

8 Likes

Strainly hosts landrace varietals from all continents but antarctic :slight_smile:

Straight from the source. The Real Seed Company is one of the many members. They love our platform :wink:
Check members reviews

@SeedSwappers

7 Likes

I’m growing some LANDRACE lesotho highlands right now, from a seed collector on @Strainly.

4 Likes

The last Canna Cribs episode had awesome information about landrace genetics. Joe from Sproutways discusses landrace development through breeders like Bodhi Seeds and Snowhigh. These respected breeders have been working for decades on landraces from across the globe.

Snowhigh

3 Likes

I have extensive knowledge of growing 100% natural and organic herbal cannabis! I even play around with breeding projects! I’m a phenohunter and looking for pure landrace strains for their unique qualities with different medicinal effects. I feel that it is extremely important to preserve the original strains before they become extinct! ONE strain that I am TRYING to get is the African Black Magic cannabis seeds! Have you ever heard of it?
Happy growing brother! @phenehunter420

A couple topics on other forums about the strain African Black Magic.

Growersnetwork
Overgrow. - Oldbootz on this topic is local breeder that has been messing with black strains for years. He is almost impossible to get hold of.
THC Farmer

I am in now way affiliated to Joseph Pietri’s works but have always supported his honesty and passion for cannabis. He is on to something and I think the closest you can get to the strain is here. His african strains come from a very old line of african landraces bred by Afropips, I think some the strains go back pre 2000’s.

6 Likes

Countries in East Africa lie on the equator, making it the most suitable place for highly potent landrace sativa strains to thrive.

The best place and legit source to learn more about Ethiopian sativa, Kilimanjaro sativa and varieties from Uganda is East Africa Genes

5 Likes

That’s very cool.

2 Likes