Leaves are dying. Please help diagnose

Hey guys. So a few days ago the bottom leaves on my plants started looking yellow. I thought I had a nitrogen deficiency. Yesterday I gave more nutes to see if it helped. Today the leaves look even worse. Can someone help me diagnose what’s going on and recommend a fix. I’m using roots organic nutes.

1 Like

How often are you feeding(watering)?

1 Like

I have been watering every other day and using nutes every other feed.

1 Like

Could be over watering. Are you letting the top inch of soil to dry?

3 Likes

Yep. I always try to make sure they are thirsty before feeding. I had been doing every 3 days but they were getting dry. Should I try to let them dry out more? Do you think it is too much or too little nutes?

2 Likes

The plant may be getting poor light below, can’t really see the top. It’s common for the lower leaf go yellow and die off.

2 Likes

Just a noob throwing ideas around here… But could root bound be the cause of your ladies stress? I was looking it up for you, but I’m just too new at this to be sure. So here’s what I was reading :

4 Likes

The tops are pretty full and the lower leaves don’t get as much light for sure. It just seemed to happen really fast. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m a noob too. Could be but I recently killed of 2 male plants and when removing from the pots, the roots seemed fine. I have them in 1gal smartpots. Will eventually move to 5 gal pots. Thanks.

I don’t see a problem with root bound in fabric pots unless the pots are very small and plants are way too large for it. Let your plant dry out more. What type of water are you using? Cal-mag?ph?

1 Like

I’m just using distilled water bought from grocery store. This is my first grow and I have not been checking ph. Nothing too special other than using the nutes.

Distilled water ph is quite high In my area (8+)and will not contain any minerals. Get your ph correct and use some cal-mag with your feedings.

1 Like

Can you give us some more information?

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

3 Likes

hm i’m glad this thread was made for i have some questions myself. I have a ph pen; have yet to use it. What should my ph be? and can you explain a little more about “PPM/TDS or EC” i have no idea what that means. I used spring water, coco, cal mag and pearlite.

Any tips or tricks before watering i.e. runoff?

This depends on your media, or lack of media even.
Soil is 6.2-6.5 I let mine creep up to 6.8 during flowering.
Coco is considered hydro, and should be 5.8
Hydro is 5.8.
Always always check run off. @TrashPanda

2 Likes

but how can i check it before watering?

1 Like

Check you ph goin in @TrashPanda then compare.

1 Like

Chlorosis maybe. The other leaves are starting to show signs as well. Check this video out I found this morning.

It’s scientific vocabulary… If your in soil pH between 6-7 is standard… Hydroponics I believe a lower pH… Ppm(parts per million) is standard as I believe… Full feed anywhere between… 800-1100ppm… Don’t over think… The meters will tell you

2 Likes

Wet soil . Put in bigger pot dry it out and looks high in sodium

2 Likes