Lesson 3: Which Light?

Do you have a source for the maps? Top graph is clearly labeled “1000 watt gavita hps”, but no heading on led data.

6 Likes

@dbrn32 it is from an old a project that was under disclosure

5 Likes

31_PM_large
Source: LEDGrowLightsDepot

You can see the same pattern here from a Fluence PAR map without the fancy line illustration

6 Likes

From vypr series light I’m guessing. That’s kinda cherry picking on behalf of hps wouldn’t you say?

I went to look on led grow lights depot, I couldn’t find any lights from fluence that they carried. They do carry the gavita led fixture though, which is close enough to be considered a ripoff of a fluence light. Even shown in same format as the DE

What I find a lot of humor in, is how much garbage was thrown from gavita about leds. Then they released one that looked identical to fluence.

7 Likes

It was the wrong par map. Cherry picked from a loose google search so good call. But still:

This is from the Guys at Iluminar Lighting with a five bar SPYDR like fixture:

good eye. I figured someone would have a better one off par map. Thanks for fact checking

6 Likes

I’m slightly familiar with them is all. Even that one is a few models old.

I’m not even really sure what the consideration of the par maps is suppose to be here? I just noticed that first one wasn’t from their flagship light.

6 Likes

@shawn

Resolution is everything @dbrn32
Bar fixtures have a higher density of chips in the center than the edges. If a 4x4 fixture is mounted on a 5 by 5 spacing, you will still get hot and cold spots

8 Likes

On a commercially built fixtures where as all bars are identical and spaced evenly, absolutely. Highest light intensity will be around greatest chip density.

8 Likes

Was someone suggesting otherwise?

8 Likes

I was only clarifying that we weren’t representing the Vypr and that the Spydr series and any other bar fixture is going to demonstrate a hot spot

7 Likes

For sure, is there a grow light available that doesn’t? I guess I was lost as to where the led hot spot came in.

8 Likes
9 Likes

I build them too, just for free haha

8 Likes

This is a free light too :rofl:

Can’t buy this one.

:poop::straight_ruler::sparkles:

8 Likes

That’s pretty dope of you. Put them into production so they’re available.

9 Likes

Thanks to @dbrn32, I’m a qb grower, myself. Well, I’m still using a set of blurples in one tent, but this is the last grow using them. Next season, all qb.

7 Likes

Good to see you here!

7 Likes