Looking for a Led grow light

Hey everybody, looking for a led grow light for a 4×4 tent. I have only been growing for 6 months. My first grow was OG kush auto. I started with a Viparspectra 450. I ended up getting a second one to get enough coverage. Currently growing 4 GDP photos. I want to get one light that will give me best results. Heat output is a issue, I have limited space . Would be willing to go up to $1000.00, would like to keep it around $500.00. Hard to sort out the garbage from the real deal. I also have limited time, work long hours, plug play would be a big help.

7 Likes

How hand are you?

The technology is improving and advancing so fast, that the newest and best stuff isn’t necessarily in the factory manufactured stuff, with maybe a very few exceptions.

@dbrn32 is the guy to chat with if you would consider building your own.

Happy growing,

MacG

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve looked at some of those. I would be willing to go that way. I definitely have the abilities to build one. Do they come with some level of instruction.

7 Likes

You can build from kits, or from scratch.

6 Likes

I can help with that. Once you have correct components wiring is piece of cake. The most time consuming part is assembling frame and getting everything mounted. If you feel like that wouldn’t be a problem, project will be walk in the park.

Here is one example of something you could do.

7 Likes

Thanks, I’ll take a look at video, unfortunately I have to get ready to go back to work but you definitely have me leaning in that direction. Like everyone just trying to get highest quality.

6 Likes

I would be looking to build one for a 4x4 in the future… how much would all this cost??

6 Likes

Depending on which way you went…could be around 600 or it could be around 1000. Just depends on what route you take.

7 Likes

Would 4 QB288 v2 Rspec lights do a 4x4 @dbrn32?

8 Likes

Yeah four of those boards would rock a 4x4

10 Likes

@davesnothere about $600 starting price is about right. That would be kinda getting where you need to be without much extra. If you want to get into latest options or push efficiency a few hundred more, give or take. They’re really nice running lights though, and you would get things like dimming and more natural looking light.

@zparkie2, I agree nice rig for a 4x4.

8 Likes

Fluence, new gavita led, platinum led or something commercial with full spectrum I would get

2 Likes