Looking for Cannabis myths to "bust"

Here’s one. I was told on this forum that livii In soil organic growing yields 30% less than synthetic growing because it’s “science”. There are many saying you can get 3 a light with living soil techniques. So I want to know does proper organic growth commercially yield 30% less purely based on synthetic vs living soil.

1 Like

While a very worthwhile and debatable subject, there are so many variables to consider. It would be very much Brand A vs. Brand B. To that point though it would be worthwhile to certainly do, but you’d really need to determine what the best from each world would be.

Still, I am going to be trying out some comparison grows so I’ll see if I cant figure out a way to at least take a stab at it.

1 Like

It does work piper and is a myth not worth busting for the dreamers!!. I am with you on this one.

2 Likes

I have seen a documentary about budist monks meditating and focusing energies over specific branches in bansai trees and shaping the. Thru stimulating faster growth .it was convincing enough for sure.theres lots of evidence that music helps plants grow I have read a study where wine grape growers used different music to better their crops idk what factor but they found that yo han sabastion Bach (I know that’s spelt wrong) had the most valuable crops and less disease like over all happier as well :wink: not the same study found that all music had impact in a very similar way but classical seem a bit above the rest

5 Likes

Something about string instrument sound waves

3 Likes

Interesting stuff, not so sure it’s really a Cannabis myth, but could be worthwhile looking into.

2 Likes

Here is one ‘’ myth ‘’ the solution /water PH is totally unimportant for non-inert mediums . Adjusting the solution in range 5.5-6.5 is wasting time …

1 Like

I have a myth. When a mj plant is pulled up with roots the root ball is immediately dipped into boiling water then hung to dry. Myth is the Trichomes and flavor “rush to buds” away from hot water.
What do you think? Was told by an old hippy. Lol

5 Likes

I agree too and there a studies out there I have seen that have tested rock and country and classical etc music played to plants… I don’t worry about this as outdoor it isn’t feasible to set up a concert chamber for my girls… and I do NOT sing not in 40years…lol…

3 Likes

Are you talking about organic growing in soil?

1 Like

This one sounds kinda funny to me. The trichs are already done at that point, but perhaps it’s a potency thing? How to validate it would be the tough part.

Need to do two clones, grown identically. Treat one, not the other, and then maybe a lab test?

4 Likes

Growing in any non-inert medium ; medium that dont interact with the solution .
Actually from all the myths , the biggest myth is the importance of adjusting the PH solution to 5.5-6.5 , 90% of the people they do it . The PH solution has ZERO effect on the medium PH in non - inert medium .

2 Likes

Thats a true ! I have seen a study proving that !

1 Like

Would you please point me in the direction of that study?

1 Like

I am just kidding , it sounds funny lol

3 Likes

Yeah, trichomes don’t move!

2 Likes

How bout finally taking on the issue of side and under lighting. It seems to b a hot issue in many forums. Some think it’s a total waste and others swear by it. Watt per gram would b great to see if someone could put the issue to rest.

4 Likes

I’m trying to find where I read it, but I remember hearing that there are terpenes in the roots. The plants use them to attract beneficial microbes, the same way the smell from the flowers might attract insects. They might be beneficial to humans too, the same way we’re discovering the medical qualities of caryophyllene, myrcene, etc.

2 Likes

Ah yeah… but no…lol…

Oh yes, that’s a great one!

4 Likes