Looking for help identifying leaf spots

Your soil already has lime in it. So don’t ph the water. Just adding acid to the water which also builds up in soil. Seriously. K.I.S.S.

1 Like

Here in oklahoma, the tap water will yellow the plants in one watering without phing. Using ffof and ff full nute line.

What would you do to fix that? @austin

4 Likes

Tap water also give the soil a salt buildup also where as distilled or ro water does not. The outside enviornment and inside play way seperate rolls for water nutes ect. U get alot more from sunlight than grow lights. Dont come and get this dide grow twisted here gi ving him all complete opposite answers from what other say to him. This is the second post now ive seen with u bombing in and claiming u know so mich but water your plants with tap water. U need to sit back and read up on growing marijuana because i dont think u have much of a clue beside what u read on someones threads. Im pretty sure these guy have u covered all but this austin name. Id take a ear out for all but his words as ive seen grows from all but his. He is just a talker obviously

6 Likes

Take a look with a loop on the underside of those leaves.

2 Likes

I use Mantis Buffered Nutrients and my cloth bags 5 grows now and still no white salt rings on the outsides of the bags, worth noting.

3 Likes

That mantis really intrigues me. @mantismike

1 Like

Always PH your water!!! ALWAYS!!! Especially in soil and after you add your nutrients!!! 6.5 - 6.8 is the best range. Check your runoff when you water. And always at the end of the runoff. Not the beginning. I agree it looks like a Cal/Mag def.

2 Likes

Just started my moms girls, doing Mantis as usual plants are 1” tall, maybe 8 days from seed. Pictures soon enough when something to see 2 11 Roses
1 Carmelo
1 Green Crack
Watch how easy my mom does it with Mantis Buffered Nutrients.

3 Likes

I looked at the Mantis nutes on the web…I looked at the application rate for the amount of water then at the price of one quart bottle. That would be considerably more expensive than the AN that I am using now. It would take three bottles at my current 6 plants and length of grow $300. And that doesn’t count the shipping getting them here from out of country.

2 Likes

Are you sure your math is correct on that or your plants diet might not need that amount? I have one bottle of Mantis on the table and my friend has six for one strain of plants, between my mom and I, were growing a dozen different strains at one time, one bottle of Mantis and my buds are incredible, I know what’s in my plants without flushing and finish sooner. @mantismike could check this math out, I’m not good at math anything so it’s Mantis, start till the end.

1 Like

Well I am sure no Einstein lol…Here is how I figured it. The Mantis web site says one 1 liter bottle ($99.00 without shipping) will make 200 L of properly diluted nutes. I divided that by 4 (number of liters in a gal) got 50. Then divided by the number of plants I grow which is 6 and each gets a gal per watering in a 5 gal pot. That comes out to just a hair over 8 waterings. 8.3 to be exact. Now I also know that 4 liters is a little more than a gallon, but for me that is close enough. I watered twice in just the last week, that is 12 gal of water. So I do most times 2 months or a little better of flower and 6 weeks of veg. Or about in general 14 weeks total on a grow. 14 x 2 waterings per week = 28 waterings One Liter of the Mantis will do 8 waterings So actually I was off, but not to the advantage of Mantis nutes it would actually take three bottles and a part which is over $300. If you see something I screwed up and I’m way off let me know.

3 Likes

I so hate math, but I grew 5 plants with Mantis for 12/13 weeks total from cuttings and got 579 grams cured and that was because my popcorn was exceptional, worthy of keeping the bag sexy.
I split that bottle with my mom every time so I can’t figure it, our girls only get 2 litres every 5 days.
I split my bags to look at the root and find that the coco coir is always wrapped white with roots and the Pro Mix is held and not white, but not solid white, my coco coir looks like myceliated grain berries and these are 5 gallon pots.
I’m not sure, maybe I could get more weight or bigger, harder nugs, I’m not sure I would want to change what I’m doing now because of the ease and the results are beyond talent.
Mantis seems to dial in problems, when friends ask what they should do with different deficiencies, I put them on some of my Mantis and the problem goes away.

1 Like

I hear ya…I don’t hate math but sometimes I screw it up. You basically use half the water I do don’t know how you do that…but what ever works for your grow is what anyone should do. 21 oz from 5 plants is exceptional! I usually get about 12/14 oz from 6 plants. they are usually about between 38" and 44" tall at harvest. My current grow is coming down in about 2 days. They are; tallest bud 43" shortest is about 35". This is from the top of the pot not from the floor. We basically grow for the same length of time. Yours should be bigger as you are starting from clones, and mine are from seed. I didn’t try to calculate it exactly on the amount of nutes…because sometimes I use as much as a gallon and a half per plant each water, and sometimes less, so I just tried to average it out.

So am I right that you never ever have runoff from the bottom of your 5 gal pots? Mine don’t get runoff until at least a gallon and it sometimes takes a gallon and a half to get runoff in 5 gal of coco.

Whatever you are doing and getting those kinds of results I sure wouldn’t change anything either !!!

4 Likes

Nice! Wow, weight coming. I’m disabled(really hate playing that card)but with that said my girls have to go in TipPots because they grow taller than I. I use a wheelchair, I can stand but walking is dangerous for me so I sit and the plants, well I just kick them over when I flip them and that gets me quality buds, every last one of them.
I don’t have a choice, I tip mine over and you home owners fighting with hiding your plants outside just bend em before you flip them when they’re tender, expose every bud to light.
I never worry about stretch either, but I do hate strains with too many leaves though.
I would water twice per watering if I wanted the water to make it to the bottom and run out, but when I check my girls cloth bags, the bottoms are always wet, not running 5 minutes with water. If I’m worried about my house plants I will water and watch the run off get sucked back up, otherwise I would get used to what’s too much and rather go with a disciplined, faster, dry back method instead of a soggy bottom.

4 Likes

I hear ya, and I have to admit, I get lazy, it’s really hard to do a lot of stuff for me as well, Rheumatoid arthritis here. Sometimes I just can’t get my fingers to follow directions lol. I probably look like the mad scientist with my tongue stuck out one side of my mouth concentrating to get my fingers to do what I am telling them. But the next grow whether it be in coco or hydro I am going to LST them under a mesh net and clean out the bottom branches and shoots and see if I get more weight. On this grow all I did was top them three times. And your method kinda blows the water until you get 10% runoff out of the water lol.

I put small 3/4" tall elevator pads under my fabric pots and leave them the entire time, and when I water I then vacuum the water out of the trays, I never let them sit in water. But the water runs out pretty quick within 5 min or so, then I vacuum and the trays stay dry.

2 Likes

Of course, I hear you on being stiff and sometimes we just don’t want to start the ball rolling on anything too taxing on our focus, but I just pretend that my girls are race horses and they need tending to otherwise things can go sideways.
Everyone is grown and gone so my girls and I have each other before my son gets up who I physically care for and then it’s back to the plants and processing the medicine which keep me busy enough.
We’re not a TV house, mostly internet because of learning and networking, especially here @growersnetwork.org.
Thanks again

3 Likes