Looking for some advice

So I just finished cropping out my first plants, everything went well I think. We averaged about 2oz/plant. The 2 strains we grew were violator kush and bruce banner.

The smoke tastes good and buzz is good.

The nugs however weren’t very dense,but there was lots of crystal.

What can I do in the future to get those nice solid buds.?

5 Likes

We need a few details about your set up if you don’t mind

2 Likes

I bought the marshydro setup from Amazon, I used fox farm ocean forest soil, and tiger bloom for my flower neut.

Is there anything else specifically you need to know?

2 Likes

Tent size, what light it is, temp and humidity would be helpful

1 Like

It sounds like you had a successful harvest so now it’s just fine tuning the environment, alot of times airy buds are due to the amount of light the plant is receiving in flower. With a tent size and type of light we can get an understanding of aprox how much umol of light your canopy is getting at what distance from the plants. If you have an abnormal temp/humidity/VPD it can also effect your growth.

2 Likes

28"x28"x63" Mars hydro tent, TS1000w marshydro full spectrum light.

The temperature was kept fairly consistent at 20-21 Celsius and 40-50% humidity

2 Likes

Here is a couple pictures of them right before they got cut down

6 Likes

How far was the light from the canopy?

2 Likes

If memory serves about 12"

3 Likes

They should be getting plenty of light then at the canopy. I would try to raise your temps a few degrees next time if your able to without raising the humidity to much and lollipop the bottom of the plant more so they can focus more energy on the top colas

2 Likes

You’ll have faster growth at 23-24C during lights on with the same humidity during flower, I’ll post a chart on Vapour Pressure Deficit that I found on here the other day.

5 Likes

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions. There are many charts that will be very necessary for your grow.

2 Likes

Great job helping Treetrunks

2 Likes

Maybe up the ts1000 to the ts2000. I found that more good lighting made super rock hard buds.

3 Likes

I just installed the t2000 yesterday

4 Likes

The ts2000 will give more even light distribution especially toward the sides of the tent, just be sure to adjust your hanging height as the ts2000 is more powerful and requires a few more inch’s space from the canopy

2 Likes

Just know Bruce banner gets hard nugs but doesnt yield a damn, I have grown the hell out of it… small nugs!

That is odd with the Bruce Banner especially. Every time I have a grown Bruce Banner it has been extremely dense.

3 Likes

I’ll have to do the grow journal thing on the next batch when we start it.

As for the ts2000 I’m not sure if that’s such a good idea with my current setup my tent isn’t very tall so by the time we got to end of the crop we were running out of room for the ts1000 above the canopy

3 Likes

Been growing banner for 2 yrs it’s not a producer but good smoke

1 Like