Male or Female?

Hi - can anyone advise? been flowering this plant for couple of weeks and still wasn’t sure if it was male/female. thinking it is male but any confirmation either way appreciated! thx!

1 Like

I would say female. I think males have kind of little balls (pollen sacks?)near the tendrils that are coming out. But I am also just learning the ropes. Let’s ask some of the real growers i know are online now : @MK3_Pharms @hoppiefrog , what do you think?

2 Likes

It looks female. However you need to take pics in that right spot. Go up towards the top of the plant. Look around closely. Not all nodes show at the same time. You are looking for two little white or clear. Hairs that form a V. Sometimes you really have to look. Try to give us better shots in the right location

1 Like

And would those mean it’s a female?

1 Like

Yes. Other wise you will see pollen sacs. Once you learn where to look. You are good to go.

2 Likes

Female…still early but definitely female to me…

2 Likes

Agreed for sure;)

1 Like

My vote is female

1 Like

My vote is null way to early to tell.

2 Likes

You are being so Switzerland…lol…

4 Likes

Thanks all! Am also quite new to it so advice greatly appreciated. I’ll add a few more photos shortly in case that will help. I thought after 2-3 weeks of 12/12 it should be obvious?.. but my setup is quite basic so maybe taking longer than it could do otherwise.

1 Like

You should have buds forming if your 2-3 weeks since the switch, are you sure your getting 12h complete, uninterrupted dark every night?

3 Likes

Lol switzerland.! How are you sir and hows woman lady? Not the girls :wink:

2 Likes

She’s a Lady, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa she’s a lady.

2 Likes

Hey again…so here are a few more photos including from the top…can i be certain then @PreyBird1 @Ladithief and others? I’ve always wanted a girl but if it’s a boy i’ll still try and love him :slight_smile:
@rickles I’ve maintained a rigorous 12/12 schedule for 2.5 weeks so far. I’ve only used water and nutrient rich soil upto this point. I was worried as i saw a couple of ball like looking things started developing on a couple of the middle nodes next to the pistules/stem (see pics below). do buds only form in the top half of the plant generally?
Thanks all!

Top of plant

Little balls on couple of middle nodes:

Pic of another leaf near the top:

Full Pic

1 Like

I still say it’s a female. Did you start growing her with a 12/12 light schedule from the start (day 1)? No veg time?

1 Like

hi thanks @kapouic - i went to 12/12 2.5 weeks ago but was on 18/6 veg before tht growing it for just over 2 months. it’s a runts strain.

Is it your first plant? Have you done any training to it? If not, don’t worry, just be patient and observe your little lady. I’m not sure about training your plant during flower, but check the forum for low stress training. You can shape your plant to maximize light exposure to the bud sites. You will get better, bigger and more buds. @devjyarn has some great training explanations in one of his journals.

1 Like

Ok im voting…thats… MALE! Just wait a bit you will see.

5 Likes

My old male last week.

2 Likes