Medical grade cannabis cultivation best practices

Hi All,
I’m updating and editing an education module for The American Cannabis Nurses Association titled “Medical grade cannabis cultivation best practices”. This is 1 part of an 8 set education course for nurses to take and learn about cannabis, human health, and the role Nurses play in cannabis patient education.
The current module was created in 2015 and discusses things such as cultivation methods,mediums, lights, basic nutrient info, and briefly discusses molds and pests.
I would like the update to include pesticide, fungicide, beneficial insects, and microbe/ living soil information. Also, the information regarding drying, curing, and storing of cannabis should be updated.

I’d also like to touch upon how and when the cannabinoids, terpenes, and oils are produced in the plants life cycle and discuss the impact different inputs have on outcome. (This could be its own thread!)

Please leave your thoughts on this and anything you think may be important related to this! Many thanks😉

4 Likes

@Taima we would love to provide you feedback on your writing.

Also, let me know if you would like to include your work in our Growers Library. We would cite your work and link back to your website.

3 Likes

@nick That would be wonderful! Thank you Nick. I think the ACNA would like that. I’m working to convince the leadership to branch out a bit from traditional nurse marketing techniques. I think a lot of people could benefit from working with cannabis nurses and marketing to the grower is a great opportunity to spread the word about the organization. Most people know a nurse or two! :woman_health_worker:t2: Not only that, but the more we learn about how the endocannabinoid system functions in different disease processes, the more we’ll be able to breed specific to disease process. Makes me excited! :blush:

1 Like

link to education resource for nurses

https://themedicalcannabisinstitute.org/product/medical-cannabis-curriculum-for-nurses/

2 Likes

@Taima

We’ve actually got a contributor’s article coming up in the near future that will be relevant to you! Stay tuned in the next week or two.

2 Likes

@Taima

Just following up this post! @marco has given us an excellent contributor’s article series we’ll be uploading over the next few days/weeks.

http://growersnetwork.org/laboratories/smoking-vs-eating-cannabis-effects-patient-health-pt-1/

2 Likes