Method of consumption

Here’s the method I follow to make Basic Cannabudder/cocobudder:

I use 1oz dried buds per 1/2 cup of coconut oil or ghee. This ends up making enough for 26-30 doses ~ 175mg THC each, depending on strain.

Tools:
-Oven
-2 pint Mason Jars with lids
-baking tray
-2 oz ice cold Everclear
-1/2 cup melted Refined Coconut oil, Ghee, or a mix of the two
-30 grams quality bud
-Electric pressure cooker
-Cheesecloth or linen bag
-glass bowl/pyrex cups
-small collander that fits onto bowl
-spatulas, spoons, etc
-trivets/towels
-boiling water
-gloves

1.Heat oven to 230°F;

1. Lightly ground bud, divide between 2 pint jars, gently tighten the lids and back off by a ¼ turn;

2. Place jars on tray and put into oven. Turn-up heat to 250°F and bake for 15 minutes;

3. Gently shake jars and then allow to decarb for another 15 minutes;

4. After 30 minutes total baking time, remove jars from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes, remove lids, then spritz/drizzle in 1oz of Everclear per jar, thoroughly stirring and crunching the decarbed bud and fluid;

5. Add ¼ cup melted oil to each jar, thoroughly crunching and strirring;

6. Place lids back on jars, just barely tighten them, and then back off by ¼ turn;

7. Place jars in Pressure Cooker, using a trivet/towel to keep jars off bottom of pot; add hot water til half-way up jars;

8. Pressure cook for 30 mins (sometimes I do 2x15 minute cycles, stirring between them);

9. Allow cooker to depressurize and remove jars; allow to cool about 5 minutes;

10. Place a collander over a glass bowl/cup, line it with cheese cloth/linen bag, and thoroughly strain your herbs from your oil.

You’ll end up with between ⅓-½ cup of immediately usuable and very potent Budder. I don’t add lecithin to my budder recipe, but that doesn’t mean you can’t.

My tincture/hash oil method (if cooked down hard, can turn into RSO)

Here’s what You Need:

-1-3 qt Mason jars with lids
-1 oz of bud or 120-150 gram very snowy sugar leaf trim
-1.5 750ml bottles of ICE COLD Ever Clear or other high proof clear ethanol
-Cheese cloth/unbleached coffee filters/etc
-Fine mesh sieve/strainer
-Pyrex or glass pie plate
-1 qt Pyrex or glass bowl/measuring cup
-Silicone spatula
-Silicone hash box
-4oz dropper bottle
-Dab tool/paper clip/utility knife
-Gloves
-Oven
-Freezer
-Good Ventilation
-optional heat mat

Here’s how you do it:

1. Decarb your herb of choice:
    a) pre-heat oven to 230F; place broken up herb into jar(s) and just barely tighten the lid, then back it off just til it moves a bit;
    b) place on tray in oven for 10 minutes, then raise temp to 250F, gently shake jars, and decarb for another 40 minutes;
    c) allow to cool completely, then pop jars into freezer for an hour or til you’re ready to continue.

2. Add enough frozen Ever Clear to just cover the material in the jar(s) & tighten lid.

3. Shake the heck out of it for about 3 minutes. Seriously. I mean you should almost injure yourself in this process.

4. Place it in the coldest part of the freezer for an hour, then shake vigorously for a minute and refreeze for another hour. If you didn’t hurt yourself in step 3, you’ll probably do it, here.

5. Remove from freezer, shake vigorously, & strain using a cheesecloth/filter drapped over a mesh sieve/glass bowl. I gather up the edges and squeeze with my hands until nothing comes out. Rinse remaining material with another shot or 2 of frozen Ever Clear, if you have any left/feel like it.

6. Evaporate alcohol: place liquid in shallow glass pie pan & leave in a warm, dark, PROPERLY VENTILATED place for 2-4 days. You can use a warming pad to gently heat it, but too much heat makes disgusting tasting tincture and big black resin blobs, like RSO. I never allow the solution to go higher than 85F or so.

7. When it’s reduced down to less than a cup of fluid and/or it’s the consistency of sugar water, it’s ready for most uses. The tincture should be golden color, not green & not black.

For hash oil, just don’t mix in all the goo that sinks to the bottom of the pan. Scrape all that up and put it in a silicone container. It should be a brown color, not a black tar. If you get a black tar, you’ve heated it too much and made RSO.

Don’t forget to have plenty of ventilation!

6 Likes

I found ethanol is fastest and best impact but need to water it down if using lab/anahedrous ethanol it will shred ur mouth

3 Likes

Break out the whippit cracker the green dragon works great for ethanol tincture;)

4 Likes

I like using my cloning pad to heat I just made a lil batch of edible oil withe this technique so important not to heat over 30°c I chuck my thermostat in a towel inbetween the pan and pad

5 Likes

I use an instant read thermometer to check the solution’s temperature. My stove has a warming burner which on low keeps it at ex-freaking-xactly 85F, if you can believe that luck; I once put it on high and the solution got up to 92F. Samsung stoves were apparently made for diy tincture making, you know, just in case any of you are looking for a new weed appliance. :grinning:

4 Likes

Afterthought… If anyone uses lab ethanol 200 proof be aware it is verry reactive pure and can explode at verry low temps (16°c when exposed to air) add one drop of h2o or a teaspoon of ISO and the flash point will jump drastically and it will be much safer to extract with :wink: (it is also the cleanest vodka u will ever find;) a little for the extraction… And a little for me hahaha

5 Likes

Methods of Delivery is the proper, medical term. To my knowledge, they include:

• Inhalation / smoke
  • Inhalation / vapor
  • Inhalation / concentrated cannabis smoke
  • Inhalation / concentrated cannabis vapor
  • Inhalation / steamed (humidifier)
  • Ingestion / infused in lipids (butter or cooking oils) a.k.a. “edibles”
  • Ingestion / concentrated cannabis (“keif” or “charas”) also “edibles”
  • Ingestion / raw cannabis
  • Ingestion / infused beverages
  • Ingestion / Tinctures (in grain alcohol or glycerin base)
  • Topical Applications (balms, salves, unguents, ointments, massage oils, etc.)
  • Topical Immersion (herbal bath)

I hope this helps.

7 Likes

Thank you immensely here I was thinking I knew some things but the collective of knowledge of GN and generosity’s Of members is no force to be challenged. Acouple of those peak my interest so now even more research to be done gleefully.

1 Like

Oh wise one how would one prepare it for a humidifier? That is very interesting. If you have experience with the medicinal or psychoactive effects can you please disclose?

1 Like

I would think humidifier vaporization would mostly be terpine treatment/ingestion

1 Like

This originates in very “ancient tech”. It is commonly practiced by members of the Hmong and Vietnamese communities. The traditional methods involve steaming the cannabis over various heating methods and then either immersing your entire body within a small chamber (visualize a sauna or sweat lodge), or conversely, immersing your head under a towel or blanket and absorbing the steam through your nose and mouth (just like the old humidifiers for treating a cold with Vic’s vapor-rub).

Obviously we could apply newer technologies and techniques to this method of delivery, but however you slice it, steaming is a viable option for the consumption of cannabis. The underlying principles are absorption through the skin, and absorption through the nasal cavities.

3 Likes

As for the cannabinoid and terpene profiles, that simply depends on what strains or plant conversions you use. I’m not personally familiar with the specific options here, as there are so many potentials. But this method of delivery should be explored more fully, in regards to specific medical treatments or preferred affects (psychoactive and otherwise).

3 Likes

Wow you see very knowledgeable on subject you some sort of Asian historian? Or just plain old lover of Cannabis? Also I was wondering if you knew that because of it being most everywhere. Was the there ever a local historical use in any Eastern Europe Countries? Or was it all introduced from trade.

1 Like

In your particular situation what method do you prefer.

1 Like

I have a girl friend doing this in her belly button. The Pechoti Method: Can You Put Weed in Your Belly Button?

2 Likes

I prefer rolled joints. The experience of breaking down and rolling up a bud you grew is great. Getting to share it with friends is even greater.

Zig Zag Ultra Thins give the best smoking experience, in my opinion.

3 Likes

I find the whole process of rolling a j and smoking very ritualistic and soothing just rolling one calmed me down in times of need;)

5 Likes

That is a big 10:4 something about little smoking rituals that makes the day more enjoyable.
what is your favorite kind of cannabis for those good sounding zig zag Ultras

3 Likes

its like a surgeon preparing his tools except surgery your going on an epic relax fest.

2 Likes

I think is more like handcraft, like a potter doing a nice piece of art.

4 Likes