Micro Licenses - Canada

Hey All!

New here. Joined out of love for Canna Cribs.

I’m exploring the new Canadian micro licensing options:

micro cultivation (200 square meter grow space)
Micro processing (600kg annual processing, or supplied solely by a single micro cultivation license)
Nursery (small grow spaces, no flowering plants except for seed production)

Personally, my background is in GMP, Pharmaceutical and Food production and Quality Assurance. I have work experience in cosmetic production (Lush, bath bombs). But most of my experience is in high volume cannabis extraction/refinement. Cannabis product development, process improvements and extraction ops coordination relating to materials and equipment sourcing, Cleanroom design, and much more.

I’m looking to learn more about the grow side of things. With a goal towards micro cultivation and micro processing in Canada.

Cold extractions, or solventless extractions are my preference. Built towards supplying a product range of high quality flower tops, craft level vape pens, and rosin/solventless extract.

This is a beautiful plant, and a beautiful industry and the big business of it all has inspired me to focus my energy on the passionate areas.

Any insight or advice on these “smaller” level operations would be appreciated! I feel the US still has a diverse craft market. While Canada has been overrun by corporate goals and big tactics focused more on volume. And I’d like to see quality take over the legal Canadian cannabis market.

Lego :metal:

2 Likes

Welcome. I’m on the cultivation side of things, working toward a combination micro cultivation/processing licence and site. If there is any specific questions you have about cultivation in 200m² of canopy, feel free to ask and I’ll do my best to answer.

1 Like