šŸ’ MONKEY BUSINESS Grow Journal Space Journey & Experience

Yeah, Iā€™m not posting how exactly, fuckers might be reading here as well, trying to get smarter.

8 Likes

New temporarily home for the babies :slight_smile: Theyā€™re not exactly solocups: a bit big maybe but it is what I had laying aroundā€¦

13 Likes

Little girls look perky and ready to perform!
Congratulations on the 7/7 clone takesā€¦not bad!

7 Likes

Hi guys, Iā€™ve got a question for yous here: I have the plant growing in the tent (which I took the clones from) and I want to let her fight her own guerilliawar on a patch of land somewhere outside near a highway. :grimacing:

What exactly would be a good amount of daylight hours to wait for? *

Hereā€™s a schedule of what we get over here (Yeah I know, itā€™s in Dutch, but I reckon you are all smart enough to understand everything, weā€™re both Germanic languages and pretty close :wink: )

*Edit: considering sheā€™s coming from an indoor 18/6 light schedule. I mean, everybody knows they need 12/12 to start to flower, Iā€™m just a bit afraid that when she gets only 13 hrs of light, she might also flip.

#guerillagrow

8 Likes

I start mine in bigger than solo cups also. I use 20 oz Chicken liver containers. (love fried chicken livers lol)

Looking good.

Marty

7 Likes

I would worry more about temps than daylight, with each day getting longer the plant knows itā€™s spring and time to grow. Anything over 13 hours should be fine. Some plants go to seed with longer daylight, like early crops such as lettuce and radishes. But not hemp/cannabis.

Marty

7 Likes

But also remember that youā€™re surrounded by trees with a hole in the top. So your daylight hours are gonna be less than the chart says. Just something to think about. I usually grow one giant plant every year outside. And I usually put it in the ground at around a foot tall around May 15. And May 15 is when I start the rest of my seeds that I put outside. They usually go out towards the middle of June and those plants usually get about 6 foot. :v:t3:

12 Likes

@sssportsmfg @happilyretired Cheers gentlemen! I donā€™t like to put em outside under 15Ā°C. Around 60Ā°Fahrenheit for you yankees, if Google is right :sweat_smile: At this temperature the bees start to come out of their hibernation as well.

9 Likes

Super cool neat-o cheetohs!!! Lawn chair is unfolded, cooler nearby and ready to learn and burn! Show me the way!!!

9 Likes

Hello there you beautiful people! Hope everybody is well and having a great weekend!
I tested positive on Covid a week ago and have been a bit under the weather from it to be honest. Hence why I havenā€™t been posting much latelyā€¦ But no worries, all is good, Iā€™m back on my feet now. Monday Iā€™ll be working again as well.

I have a question, in the pictures below, can you see how the nodes are staggered (is that the right word btw? Forgive me if it doesnā€™t make sense, I used Google translate to translate from dutch :stuck_out_tongue: ) What I mean is there is a fanleave + growth on the left hand side of the apical, then the internode space, then a fanleave + growth on the right hand side, and so on.

Is there a reason for that? Is it genetically? Am I doing something wrong?

Iā€™m quite sure @TheMadFlascher knows why clones often have alternating nodes! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Whenever I run clones the nodes are always staggered makes it interesting when topping plants!

9 Likes

IDK, Iā€™ve had clones with ā€œnormalā€ spacing, and many doing this, so I wondered.

Sure does! :stuck_out_tongue: I donā€™t like it, but actually it doesnā€™t matter at all.

9 Likes

Maybe light isnā€™t strong enough and you get uneven spacing?

7 Likes

Should be fine I reckon, in the 500 Ī¼mol rangeā€¦

7 Likes

12 Likes
10 Likes

Most plants do that once they get up to a certain height. They also do that when they stretch. If youā€™ll notice thereā€™s one bud on one side of the stem and then one bud on the other side of the stem and so on. I donā€™t know why they do it but I donā€™t like it either. Some of the stuff I have going now started doing that after the fifth or sixth node. It is also very common in clones. I donā€™t know why.

7 Likes

That orange grinder and brush looks familiar you got a volcano up your sleeve! Lol

6 Likes

LOL, puttin me on the spot huh Monkeyman!!
Of course, different species of plants express different leaf bud arrays. I canā€™t really explain why some clones do and some donā€™tā€¦ HONESTLY!

If we take a close look at each of your pictures we do see something going on there that is very interestingā€¦do you see how the mainstem is wandering back and forth?
The apical meristem has one functionā€¦cell division! Auxins are concentrated there, and that puppy is producing cells at a phenomenal rate. It is extremely photosensitive and has one missionā€¦race to that light!
Itā€™s only some distance behind the apical meristem that the cells actually DIFFERENTIATE into leaf buds (or later flower buds). This entails other plant growth hormones (cytokininā€™s, gibberellic, etc)
that actually cause those little kinks back and forth! If you look closely, you will see the formation of the leaf bud actually kicks the meristem in a opposite direction.( Kind of like a lineman climbing a telephone pole!)

Iā€™m not sure that ultimately it makes much differenceā€¦as your stem builds girth, it straightens.
Those alternating leaf buds now form axillary buds, and more leaves will surround the stemā€¦perhaps the reason some plants throw alternating buds is to give those axillary buds room to develop without vertical interference from each other!?
You great growers here have had much more opportunity than I to observe different cannabis phenotypesā€¦I would be interested for your opinions if its hit and miss, or do you observe INDIVIDUAL phenotype related bud patterns??
LOL, right back at you Monkey Man!!!

14 Likes

It does! And maybe directly related to this:

It would definitely make sense to me! See, I wasnā€™t wrong putting you up the stand Bob! You once more enriched all of us with some very interesting plant biology. The plant growth hormones you mentioned and how they affect the plants growthā€¦ such an interesting world on itā€™s own. I would love to dive deeper into botanical biology myselfā€¦ Follow a course or a training, somehow. Just to understand the basics of it all better, in the most scientific approach.

Oh. And thank you for always taking your time. Much appreciated. The knowledge we can all gather around here doing so, is amazing! :pray: :pray:

13 Likes