Moving My plants outside but my indoor lights on at night?!

So I’m moving my girls outside to finish there life cycle about mid may, early June. But I have my lights on at night time indoors… so when I move them outside. Will this effect them since the lights out time there use to and daytime hours will be completely switched??? I start them at 6 pm, and they go off at 10 am, but outdoors the the sun will rise about 6 am and go on till about 9 pm! Help!!! What should I do?
The sun is on a 180 from my lights that my girls are under right now. My lights come on at 6 pm, the sun goes down about 8pm My lights go off about 10am. The sun rises at 7 am

Id say ur going to have to add some light and slowly take it away to get the right light schedule give it 24 then walk down hour a day so it adjust in the right direction that way u never induce flowering that is how i have reset light schedule to od never done that large a reset tho

2 Likes

I’m not an expert but I’ve read where you can leave lights off until the correct time. Please check on that. Pro growers will know best.
@PreyBird1 @kapouic @cid
Help

1 Like

Shouldnt be a big issue. Dli. As long as plant get minmum amount of darkness should flower no problem.

1 Like

I’m with @silentk on this one, shouldn’t be a problem. But I would put them out by extending their day and not the night… It will be as if you left the lights on for 24 hours, and that’s no problem when they are in veg…

3 Likes

I understood that you want to extend the vegetative time outdoors…
If you are flowering them, extend the night and not the day!

1 Like

I live in northern Western Hemisphere of United States. I’m doing a complete 180 of light and dark cycle. I hope so. If I can find a different way like maybe moving back my start time of my lights one hour a day , untell I match then outdoor start time ? Would this work or cause a lot of stress ??

I think as long as I do what your saying they should be ok, but the other guys are saying latitude and hemisphere matter immensely, I live in the northern western part of United States , close to Kentucky.

1 Like

If there photos this will not hurt at all. They need 10 days they will adjust themselves and flower.

3 Likes

In veg you can adjust lights. 10 days is when they usually flower. But i had some do it in 6 days. I have messed with the lights a few times. The plant reacts faster to a stable flowering schedule. I changed the lights from 24/24 to 16/8 and they flowered. To about a nickle size. i left it and they revegged by them selves. Because they need enough dark/off time to flower properly and it was a drastic change but not enough to maintain flower. The plants knew and reverted. So if you iniating flower it will be fine…but you need to harden the plant a little DO NOT STICK IT IN FULL SUN. Do partial shade dappled sun for a couple days. Inside to out can burn the plant need to be easy there on trasition.
Outside plant coming in is ok. the other way around may give you problems and it may not anyone else tried it?

EDIT: also i recently switched to the gas latern routine right in the middle of all my gardens. REALLY i just reset the whole and grow and guess what happened…I didn’t expect it but the only things that changed is the power bill is saved big time and the plants are growing much faster and the buds are growing faster. Im really glad i finally made the swap and its been amazing!!!

4 Likes

Where are you from @silentk…???.. it matters immensely on putting them out…

3 Likes

South of disneyland.

1 Like

@Ladithief nice are you referring to hemisphere location? Tell us? i want to know. I dont take indoor out. were not legal. I have come outdoor to inside.

1 Like

Yes latitude more than anything…I was confused by what he’s trying to do… if he’s vegging and the days are short they will flower… if days are long they will reveg etc… If miraculously it was warm enough at the moment where I live I would never put them out as they would flower then reveg and stress the shit out of them…I only force to sex as I don’t have clone space at the moment… I am only in a 4x3 and 1x2 stealth box… so in short I was curious to see why he is interested in doing that…closer to the equator he would be safer…etc

2 Likes

*i live in the northern/ western hemisphere, I will be moving them outdoors because of smell, also I have large prince of land with woods to put out and keep hidden In a way, but I want them to finish out there veg cycle outdoors and then flower. I just wanted to get them started and healthy indoors, because the temps here are too cold to start them outside. I like to be able to tend to them while the lights are on is why I have them on at night and not day, but I notice the leaves dropp when it’s almost time for lights out, and I thought I wondered if this would confuse them since there use to a cycle already and completely flipping it over. The time will still match tho. I’ve got that covered. It will just increase, and then mid July start to decrease and initially cause them to go into there flower stage.

1 Like

Ur saying u want to do a 180 on ur light schedule could be very stressful 24 step down likely less stressful or something to that effect if in flower never switch light

1 Like

I’m on 15/9 light schedule to match time outdoors when I put them outdoors in May, what would be your suggestion ? And what is the 24 step down method??

1 Like

@masony122… you are doing exactly what I do… It’s leagal here and I can have 10 outdoors… I just grow them in my yard and don’t care whop sees them… so many grow in our little town that no one needs to steal them etc…they are everywhere you look… front yards side yard hell even on front porches…

2 Likes

Hell yeah. Have you ever started them indoors for first 1 1/2 months and moved them outdoors but flipped your light schedule 180? Because the sun is at a 180 from what my lights are on and the girls are use to RIGHT now . So they should be ok by doing this?? I see a lot of people are confused on what I’m doing I should have worded my topic better lol

1 Like

Yeah i actually have about 1.5 months od then moved indoors and vice versa started indoor finished od

1 Like