Must watch

Can some tell me what this is found it when i went to ch

IMG_20211112_205636_861
Image_2021-11-12 20_53_04_321
eck on clone roots is this a microb

1 Like

No that is an insect larva of some kind. No idea what it will turn out to be lol Godzilla? @TheMadFlascher

3 Likes

You know what …looking at that it looks like a fly larva (maggot) to me.

I do not know all the Diptera larva, but that one looks very similar to a ‘seed corn maggot’ that we have here in Nor Cal!?

They overwinter in soil incorporated organic matter and attack young roots when they find them nearby…Don’t know for sure on this…may be a relative that was introduced along with worm castings or raw organic matter of some kind???

Sorry, that’s all I got !!!

4 Likes

i’d have to agree with you @TheMadFlascher lookis like a larva of some kind, and would explain how it got there.

1 Like

Those are fungus gnat babies.

5 Likes

• Use Dr zymes or lost coast plant therapy to spec.

• Sticky fly traps to catch the mothers laying them.

You’ll be good in two weeks.

I haven’t used lost coast but several have here. @PreyBird1

1 Like

Hey Ray! Mr money over herr…

Lemme borrow a fiver… lol

1 Like

I do have a lil fungus knat problem but nothin super crazy so I think it could be that thanks again

3 Likes

They aren’t crazy until they are. They are flying around your house scoping all the places your water standing. Your drain pipes. Then all of a sudden they are everywhere.

I’ve had this problem lol. I had sticky traps by my drains. It worked.

2 Likes

i mix apple cider vinegar and dawn dish soap in a bowl, leave it near the open drains. couple days later my problem all but disappears lol. well, with most flying nuisances.

2 Likes

Yeah I have them and these not sure how to use but I want the other ones heard there better

2 Likes

Yepper that is sure what it looked like! Do they hurt the plant? I thought they were just a pain in the ass when they get out into your house and fly up your nose lol.

3 Likes

Vinegar and water 50/50 in a bowl with a couple drops of dishsoap in it works too. Use apple cider vinegar. The soap breaks the surface tension on the vinegar and when they touch it sucks them right in and they drown.

5 Likes

I was in my small tent and i swear i saw a tiny something fly in there??? So to err on the side of caution i keep the sticky traps on hand. Yellow for gnats and blue for thrips in case.
And look what i got.

That one bug i saw fly in there. Its been there 3 days so its the only one so far.

4 Likes

They hurt the plant greatly. Remove them asap.

3 Likes

Thanks, I had them for a few weeks now, they were everywhere, put out some of my bowls of vinegar/water/dishsoap and it caught hundreds of them put them by my basement drain. in my grow tent, and in the kitchen and living room. Kept getting them by the dozens in every room. Couldn’t figure out where they were coming from, then started cleaning up a corner of my basement and found a 50 lb bag of Jasmine rice that had somehow gotten wet, apparently it fell off a box I had it on and wound up on the floor, it then aquired moisture from the concrete and the knats got in it and when I picked it up it was NASTY and filled with knats. Threw it out and they have since all gone away. But I do have yellow sticky traps that I got for my outside garden earlier this year so I am going to put some in my grow tent. THANKS!

Marty

6 Likes