My first harvest

Here is my first plant at harvest in 25 years.

I am just a nobody and they all said “you don’t know what you’re doing old man” but I think I did kinda OK. This is one major bud of 9 on the plant which is hanging to dry as we speak in a drying tent

15 Likes

This was grown with FOOP nutrients.

2 Likes

Hi there @littlegrow
It looks like you did pretty good. I must note though you do have a lot of white pistols on that cola. This bud should adequately do the job for you, although I do think you harvested premature. This is only one picture and it’s not very close so I can’t say for certain, but there’s always a butt it looks to me like you could’ve got more swelling and you probably could’ve let The trichomes get a little bit more milky/cloudy. I think the majority of growers harvest their first grow too early I certainly did. There should be other people chiming in here shortly with their opinion. You should start a journal. There is all sorts of people here are willing to help you find your way. Nobody does it all the same but it’s nice to have a large group of people such as we have to chime in with multiple opinions so you are able to make your own decisions.

Welcome to GN, I hope you start a journal and or join in the conversations going on on this forum.
:+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

I agree with @happilyretired. I was told early on to watch the pistols to determine when to harvest, which doesn’t work out very well.

Great job on the grow! Welcome to GN

4 Likes

Note taken I watched and this was at 9 and a half weeks and I was seeing that there was a lot of brown on the flower so I didn’t want to push it too much. But all in all it is really drying well and all is good we have to do one initial plant to see how all goes:-) Oh yeah and this is a Granddaddy Purple Autoflower

5 Likes

A Journal?

2 Likes

@Slym3r will be along momentarily to get you rolling on that lol

1 Like

•Starting with a support ticket will help strengthen your growing abilities. It will help you guide your next grows with prev data that you can build from.

This is a support ticket. Fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

3 Likes

Welcome to GN. A living database of the mistakes we all make growing and how to fix them.
Personally, that is a great looking bud for your first grow in a quarter century. Congrats man.

A journal here is basically like a scientists grow log. You post and keep track of the grow here with pictures and stats.

3 Likes

I guess I wasted your time this is way too much for me, I wrongly just thougt you’d like to see what I did. Now I realize this is a site for the super GOD growers and there is no way any actual human could ever achieve godhood sorry I wasted your exalted time I am nobody and won’t be back

4 Likes

I don’t pass any judgement just making an observation, this place is for huge growers and people who are making millions and who are at the top of their game that is not me and I made a huge mistake joining here

By the way I cannot find ANY contact info for the people that run this site I want my account deleted but can’t find any contact info

1 Like

@Slym3r will help you out

1 Like

Most of use grow in tents lol
Small home growers

2 Likes

:grinning: tents work really well

2 Likes

I am trying NOT to be here but there is no way to contact someone to delete my account :rage:

2 Likes

@Slym3r is a moderator.
He will come in here and help
@chrisj is one too

1 Like

I don’t know where this came from. Everybody here has been saying it looks good and we would like you to join us and then you say this about us. I don’t understand. Anyways this is free and if you don’t want to be here that’s OK. There’s a lot of other places you can go and learn. Sorry you didn’t find what you were looking for… later…:v:t3::+1:t3:

4 Likes

Some here are professional growers, but the majority of us are small at home growers.
We discuss all aspects of growing in ridiculous detail because we love growing our plants, not because we are all super grow scientists which we are not.

4 Likes

I harvested perhaps a few days early. I wanted peak quality versus maximum size. But in retrospect I could have waited 3 to 5 more days. Live and learn, these new strains and amazing variety of seeds are NOT what they were 30 years ago. No excuse I may have harvested a bit early but the experience is worth the risk. That is how we, as growers, improve. :grinning:

2 Likes

I harvested 3 dry ounces off that plant not too horrible and very sticky and nice aroma very stinky :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes