My First Online Grow Journal

I wish you win the SA Cannabis Cup in this year. You’ve been accomplished a few of a smart and fantastic accomplishments so far. Keep going.

Well, I suggest you to paints those pellets to avoid them away from pest, mould, and the erosion.

5 Likes

Could you tell me about those LEDs Inputs’ and Outputs’ Watts please? And how much do those cost per hour in USD please?

3 Likes

Hey @Hemp_Nature
Post 1
Yes, sorry ROOT.
Post 2
Thanks for the Inspirational and Supportive Comment. But I won’t be entering a cannabis cup as yet. I still have alot of learning and crafting (fine tuning) to do, before I will be happy to enter.
Thanks for your concern about the pallets. But, I’m not. They are easily interchangeable and removable, it’s a outdoor grow there are and will be other things and bugs there and everywhere. It’s part of my Outdoor Growing Experience.
Post 3
Nope Sorry No Info, but the info given, 50W and 100W.
I Came, I Saw, I Bought, Installed and Experiencing…:seedling:
I have the 50W LED light inside my Converted Bedside Cupboard and the 100W LED light outside.

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Thank you very much about the full information. And, don’t be sorry, the a mistakes happens.

Sorry not about the Watts, I would like you to tell me about those LEDs Inputs’ and Outputs’ Voltages please?

4 Likes

Your outdoor grow space is really looking great @docdre! You’ve really built a nice setup since you 1st started your journal! Amazing work my friend!! :clap::clap::v:

7 Likes

Its always exciting to get additions to the set up, i bet u can’t wait to see what will come out of the improvements :wink: i know I can’t lol!

6 Likes

Hey @Hemp_Nature
Still only 50W and 100W grow lights. I have No idea what the real power output is or anything. They run straight off 220/240 Volt 50Hz.

5 Likes

Just a quick ventilation Update/Upgrade.

Thease two of these come of a server cabinet. Makes the leafs moves nicely.

I had to remove the timer. Last night when I went out to close them for the night. I checked the timer is leaking power to the light during the OFF cycle. Not Good. So I removed the timer for now. Making it Plug and Play till I get a new or a other timer.

I added one of my Thermo/Humidity Meter to the grow space aswell, just for environmentally information.

It Reads.
Time (top)
Temperature (centre in Celsius)
Humidity (bottom)

6 Likes

Thank you very much for your responded in all times. However, I wish all the best to you @docdre, and to you all Growers too.

5 Likes

Update on the Upgrade of my grow area.I added a black 100 micron thick plastic to keep out light and added a curtain at the entrance of my greenhouse, to keep it abit warm in there during the night time.

And yes I know there are a couple of openings on the sides. But I can live with that. I made the roof cover and curtain with one 2m x 5m plastic. So with some fine measurements, I covered most of my grow area :muscle:

I also added some reading material for any of our law enforcement officers that can’t think for themselves. Unfortunately our cops aren’t the smartest and with the cannabis laws in SA, not being on par with the rest of the world yet. They are left to think for themselves about if your grow is for personal consumption or not. So I’m just giving them a headsup not to scratch where there is no itch. I also have the 74 page Constitutional Ruling on hand. If they want to be funny.

9 Likes

The icing on the cake. :clap::clap:
Well done sir. Love the new sign. :+1::v:

6 Likes

Love the set up and sign @docdre. :ok_hand: If you put a sign up like that in the UK your plants would be stolen. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Thanks @coolgreen67
I would understand your plants being stolen if you advertise with a sign like this at your front gate or door. Hell some people has been killed for less.But my sign isn’t placed at my gate or front door. It’s at the back of my grow area. So you have to be at my plants to see the sign. In SA it’s rough already. Keeping things low key is the best.

5 Likes

Kudos on the sign! Make them think twice before doing something stupid.

6 Likes

:green_heart: well done keep growing and going @docdre.

6 Likes

It’s a shame we have to do things like this @docdre and hopefully soon it will all change. :+1: Love the set up bud and I will be following.

2 Likes

Small Update Before Light Out.

After Lights Off.

The Master Kush and White Fire OG are almost at 11 weeks in flowering. Plants are still very green and the Trichomes are half milkey.
The 2 Blueberry clones look better then the mother, except for a skinny plants and small. The Charlotte’s clone is nice and bushy, but also smallish.
But with my New Clone Fridge, I can veg longer than in the Converted Bedside Cupboard.

New Clone Fridge

6 Likes

Hey @PreyBird1
Look at what I got hold of.

I actually just ordered 4, but when I opened the box this afternoon after work. There was 5 sides, but only 4 bottoms and 8 screws. So I took a 10L 10L container lid and wrapped it. I used cable ties (zip ties) to fasten (close) the side. I must now just drill some holes in the lid and I will have a 5th functional air pot with a custom bottom. But Hey if it works, why not.

Here is the size comparison between the air pots and my also new fabric pots.

It’s a little bit shorter then the fabric pots, but wider.
The air pots are 3gal (11,35 L) and the fabric pots are 2,64gal (10 L).

I’m looking at using the air pots for my Auto’s and the fabric pots for my photo strains. Mainly to assist the Auto’s to achieve it’s Best in the time frame available. I will run 2 Auto’s at a time and then follow them up with the new 2 Auto seedlings to keep it in rotation. The fabric pots I don’t want to wash that often. Wonder what I’ll do with 5th extra pot :thinking:
Also got a small microscope with a LED light that goes up to 100x magnification.

I works very cool and is nice and clear. Fun little thing. Difficult to take photos with my phone through it.

O and just to make it clear. Yes I know I said before that I don’t and won’t buy online. Well, I did buy these online and some more auto seeds. I think I might be hooked, but only for things I can buy locally :south_africa:. Not even talking about our exchange rate to the US dollar :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Thats very cool nice work man.

4 Likes

LST is the best

1 Like