My first set up and little one

So i found some of what i THINK is mold? Should i just clip this off? It’s only on one bud…

Looks like it… :slightly_frowning_face:, check with @devjyarn to be sure.

3 Likes

i JUST cut the infected area completely out.
Now i’m… beyond sad. :cry:
@devjyarn what do ya think? I cut the area out totally, not sure what to do next.

3 Likes

Keep an eye on what’s around that bud, make sure it doesn’t spread over the next while. The spores are sneaky!

3 Likes

I think i’m going to harvest either tonight or tomorrow just to be safe. I cut the infected areas out but now i’m scared.

2 Likes

I know it’s not really desirable by some but a bud wash in peroxide and water will stop the mold from going throughout the rest of your harvest.
The key is to be gentle when you do it.

Here’s a local thread with lots of great info by some very skilled growers. :wink:
Hope it helps a bit. And good luck.
:v:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, going to look into this.

Sadly what i have right now is my ONLY grow and i am totally out of money… Sigh. Think i’m just going to harvest tonight to be on the safe side. I’ve come further then i thought i would, going to just cut my losses. :cry:

1 Like

Unfortunately sometimes it happens to the best of us.
Keeping good air flow and a lower humidity level during later flower will help to prevent this in future.
When you’re trimming check next to the stem on each bud close to any affected areas. It will show there first.
Peace. . :+1::v:

2 Likes

Ok got it! going keep a super close eye on it over the next day. I’d love to try to save this crop… i only had i think 2 more weeks to go.

1 Like

How to tell if that’s mold or not ? @TrashPanda

1 Like

My BF spotted it… it’s a discoloring. I used this link to make sure and then ran here.

1 Like

Hope it don’t spread much!!
Love from this side of the world to your plant

3 Likes

Thanks man, any good vibes thrown this way are much appreciated :slight_smile:

It spread a little more but we cut that out also… think harvesting is in my near future, sadly. :persevere:

3 Likes

Question - should i do 48 hours of darkness or just… harvest?

1 Like

If it was me, I would just harvest, I did the “dark” shit a few times decades ago, I didn’t notice any bonus of anything.

I would also wait to hear from others

2 Likes

I’d just harvest if it were me. The longer it runs the more loss to mold you’re going to have.
:v::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

@piper @oldguy my bf is harvesting right now… it hurts :frowning:

2 Likes

I know how you feel. I’ve run into it numerous times in my outdoor gardens. :man_facepalming:
Best wishes @TrashPanda.
:+1::v:

2 Likes

Same as @oldguy I had it outdoors long time ago, I hope I never see it inside.

@TrashPanda it may hurt (it sure does), but, it didn’t wipe out the whole crop, you’ll still get some top quality smoke

2 Likes

@oldguy @piper yeah i’m happy bf saw it right away and it didn’t kill our entire crop, i just think about what could have been in another week or 2. Bright side is, now we get to pick a new strain to grow (always exciting!) learn from the mistake we made with this plant (not having a dehumidifier) and learn more tricks! Tell ya what! i’m really excited to try this smoke after all this hard work.

thank you so much for helping me with this, not sure we would have gotten this far without you guys and everyone on the forum.

3 Likes