My first try!

Hey there farmers! my name is jose and i am beginning to grow my first ever plant, i am making this as a first part one of many entrys, and because it is my first grow i am just trying to legit get a sprout and thats all…i am thinking i will get it to sprout in the cell pot by using sun light, good timing, water and love. i am using basic all purpose meracle grow for now.

current equipment
(nothing but the things i got at lows for $20)
i plan on making this a big learning thing for myself, i have been doing tons of research watching youtube and reading some threads on here aswell. (pretty much every thing i know is from mr.kanucks grows)
NEXT POST WILL BE A PLANT UPDATE WITH PHOTOS

here are the notes i have so far( i know they need to be cleaned up)
please comment with any tips at all anything is helpful!

3 Likes

it would be awsome if someone could put all of my notes in order for me haha its like day 1 day 10 day 5 day 40 day 50 day 15 day 30 day 60 like what :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Quick comment on your note concerning the light schedule:
18 on/ 6 off -or- 24h on would be for autoflowering plants only. Autoflowering plant (as the word itself says so) don’t need a change in their lightcycle to trigger the flowering process. Therefore it might be useful running your lights longer than normal to help the plants grow bigger from start to finish.

For regular and feminised plants a 16 on / 8 off schedule is recommended during the vegetative stage. Then switch to 12 - 12 for flowering.

4 Likes

i dont currently have any lights but i do plan on getting some spider farm lights i think thats what they are called, 16 on 18 off yeah that sounds about right, thank you alot sdesaer420

3 Likes

I run 18/6 for both my auto’s and photos.

I run my lights full power all of the time. I wouldn’t worry so much about light strength on your 1st grow.

4 Likes

Yep, 18/6 for photos in veg is fine too.
I usually find, for most standard 2021 LED lights, a 50% light intensity (relative to which light you use) for seedlings, 75% in veg and 100% in flower a good rule of thumb.

2 Likes

Spider Farmer is inexpensive quality with nice customer service representatives. Send them your ID if you are a veteran for a discount.

3 Likes

sadly no I am not a veteran but that on its own is amazing that they offer a discount for vets
feedback is great tho, its good to hear a review from a reputible source i will for sure use there tent and carbon filter. had my eye on that for a while

2 Likes

Hey Jose,

Sorry if I missed it but do you know whether your growing a photo or auto variety…regular or feminized seed ??

That would be good information for you to provide. If you’re not using Distilled or Reverse Osmosis water for your grow it may be tough depending on your water source…
Do you have a pH or maybe a ppm meter??

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Growers Network Family. We are very glad you are here with us now. You couldn’t come at a better time than now! Lol. The community will help you out, if you so desire any assistance.

•Starting with a support ticket will help strengthen your growing abilities. It will help you guide your next grows with prev data that you can build from.

This is a support ticket. Copy and paste it to your thread and fill it out to the best of your abilities. The community will help with any questions you may have.

Grow Journal Check List

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Soil, Coco, or Dwc:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

Fill this out. It will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

This thread has a lot of useful info.

2 Likes