My fist auto gone rogue. She went hermi on me

For sure it would be a risk may be a tough call to make, I feel for u:( I always hate having to kill them early…

2 Likes

I will have to ask this. I know it is still a few weeks from being done. The trichomes are almost all cloudy. Is there any chance if I was to soak this in H2O2 it may still be able to be used for butter. From what I can tell. There are only 2, maybe 3 sites that are open right now.

1 Like

Don’t use peroxide on them if u didn’t already it will oxidize ur trichomes. It will be fine In butter np

3 Likes

Pollen is good for allergies if u eat it call it clarification butter haha

2 Likes

I only sprayed them with water for the night and have the dehumidifier going. I would have soaked them before trimming them up. it sounds like this needs to come out tomorrow if I am going to hopefully keep the pineapple safe. luckily, it is as far away from this as it could be. I was thinking the h2o2 bath would knock off some of the pollen before I trimmed. I would remove the bad branches completely and disgaurd them as I cut this down… I know it is recommended to do right after it is harvested and before trimming. I have a friend that washes all his plants before trimming them. This issues is all new to me.

It’s good to wash them a day b4 u chop em but just water . peroxide will age the cannabinoids quickly

2 Likes

And not for the better

1 Like

I’m gonna lay back down but I’ll be up in two hrs to water the girls , hope that helped ya .if u have more questions I’ll be happy to help don’t hesitate to ask;)

3 Likes

Thanks. guess I will figure out by lights on tomorrow if I should just remove her and do a quick clean up. Then hope the pineapple and others make it through. Thank you for the help

3 Likes

Any time my freind;)

3 Likes

If it gets wet, then yes it won’t be viable for long. But if you keep it perfectly dry, it has a better longevity than seeds a lot of the time.

~MacG

4 Likes

Thanks @macgyver_stoner, I will spray her again once the lights come on.

4 Likes

After reading. I am wondering. Would running a humidifier in the tent for about 12 hours help to neutralize the pollen any?

1 Like

Couldn’t hurt :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I will see how much the tent smells. And may use that tonight

3 Likes

I know on the paid forum people are mailing pollen… @Packee has been trying to get some from our Hawaiian brother…

4 Likes

Is there any light leaks? Whats the most recent thing youve done to that auto? Ive had a bluedreammatic from fast buds get its main stalked cracked in half and I taped it together but it never hermied. Did you by any chance defoliate?
Id trash it by the way. It wont produce thc anymore. Your other plants are likely seeded if the sacs are open.

4 Likes

Other room still too close… pollen can travel up to 250 km . If your neighbor is growing and sprouts a dick . It can carry out to yours even if indoor. But stress is prob what caused

4 Likes

This is a first for me. After doing a lot of reading. I am finding that it is not un common for this to happen to feminized seeds. @sponge Yes I had defoliated not long before this. I do that to every plant though and this is a first for me. I only had 2 branches that had the male sacks on then. I soaked them. Placed a bag over them and removed them the other day. These are in a room that is always dark when the lights are off. I have been wiping things down each night now and will continue to do so. I have 4 other plants in flower now. 2 in full flower. 2 in pre flower. So it will not be long before I see how bad this is I guess. What really worries me is I have 2 photos in veg. one that will have to be flipped in 2 weeks or less. The BC this happened to will be done by then. my pineapple will not finish till around the end of the month. it is in the same tent as the BC here.

I have these in the tent, a photo "small plant’ and the Pineapple kush auto in the corner opposite of the BC that hermied

4 Likes

Thats the thing some autos (depending on genetics) can handle stress. Like a blue dream auto or a white widow auto can handle tons of stress because those plants are tough as hell.
You can defoliate autos but you need to take of like 3-5 leaves a day to avoid stressing it.

2 Likes