My Odyssey

Both plants are droopy , with edges turning bright spots.

Anyone got an idea.

6 Likes

It looks like a slight water issue to me. I bet @TheMadFlascher would know for sure!

5 Likes

Yeah im lost on this one.

5 Likes

Possibly a pH issue if it hasn’t been monitored in awhile.

Might want to get some run-off and test pH/EC just to eliminate obvious issues first…

6 Likes

Ok gonna flush with distilled water only have those cheap meters.

7 Likes

Probably a good option. Sorry, I haven’t read your complete thread, but it appears your girls were looking nice and healthy…if your helper was feeding AND watering during your absence, something may have gotten a little out of whack…

7 Likes

These are 2 differnt plants but ya similar issue.

8 Likes

Runtz by @PreyBird1

10 Likes

Thinking of switching to coco next grow, anyone got advice?

7 Likes

Looking into the Apera AI209 for a ph meter, gonna continue with veg+bloom nutes, undecided on what coco to get.

7 Likes

I got the Canna coco. Pretty happy with it’s buffer level. The buffering is pretty much the most important thing you ought to know about before getting started. From there, with the right nutrients (often companies offer a coco specific line nowadays) you treat straight coco like a hydro grow almost, for the best results. This is because you are working with an extreme inert medium. The idea is to straight-feed the roots pretty much directly. The coco serves as an oxygen rich environment for the roots to develop in and as a medium to hold your plant upright, but nothing more than that. So don’t treat it like soil mixes.

I’ve got the same Apera kit, good meter. Keep the sensor clean with a q-tip and always store it in some R/O or distilled water in its lid, calibrate regularly, and it goes for years.

8 Likes

Went witha fallponics kit from PA hydroponics. His youtube videos are great and he knows his stuff. I just got tired of soil and ive dabbled with a dwc bucket got good results but ran into warm water issues. That wont be an issue now since this room stays cold. Still gonna get that PH meter and same nutes.

7 Likes

Love Gary. He knows his stuff indeed.

6 Likes

Yeah i wana try coco but ive been wanting to get back into hydro.

6 Likes

So question for those hydroers, how do you keep the res clean, do you use a product while growing or do you empty and clean every few weeks?

7 Likes

@theodyssey, if you’re going hydro you’ll undoubtedly have a reservoir…All hydro nutrient lines have a Hypochlorous acid that is added to your resevoir on a regular basis…this will keep your roots nice and bright, as well as inhibit microbial growth that tends to slime up your reservoir.
@cloudcandy just posted an excellent one very reasonably priced on the Hypochlorous acid…Deep Dive !
BTW the Apera A1209 will serve you well !

8 Likes

Whats your opinion on hydroguard vs southern ag? I understand southern ag is more concentrated.

6 Likes

Whoa they are really stinking up the house. Starting to stack up too.

6 Likes

Im not sure how they keep it all clean? Im on the hydro journey right now. And i cant just have a sytem. Oh no I have to make my own lol. I wanted to go rdwc 3yrs ago. I got a small system from my buddy and put it away. I recently set it up and im like 2 weeks into my 1st run. Im cutting clones for my 8 plant system tomorrow. So ill be making more mothers and clones for the run.

7 Likes

Talked with hydroponic research the makers of veg+bloom. They have a product similar to cleanse called PHLO, gonna give this a shot and change res every 7-10 days.

7 Likes