My plants suck. can u help?

can you all identify any fixes just by looking? plants are thin, yellow, ugly to be sure lol. Theyd recently been cloned off and havent gotten their groove back. first time grower, please dont leave anything out, Ill use any info given or suggested and thanks

1 Like

Nutrient deficiency and raise them light and they should recover fine. May need to flush first though. Looks like phosphorus (kinda) and cal/mag deficiency

2 Likes

Here, these helped me a lot.

6 Likes

wow…that chart is a damn godsend. Thanks and i believe a flush is probably spot on. Could overwatering create this color, or even the wilt? Tried to wait until the soil was nice and dry but be damned if i dont kinda mother hen them a lil too much lol. Thanks again mr dreamer and the other fella that answered as well. much obliged

What are you feeding them and at what PPM’s? Is your soil peat based or is it just coco? I agree that it looks more like deficiency than overwatering but when you flush it concentrate the water toward the outside of the pot and leave the center where the current roots are relatively more dry if you can. This will promote root growth into the unencroached areas of the root zone and not suffocate your current roots. When you flush collect some of the first water out and test the parts per million. This will tell you a lot. If the PPMs are 1200 or less I wouldn’t worry about flushing. Lastly, I always add rock wool so that it is a 50 or 60% rockwool to media ratio. You will never over water with this but you will have to water more often. I encourage you to do a side-by-side on anything new if it’s possible. Perhaps your next run add rock wool to one pot and not to the other treat them the same and see what results you get. These are some simple basic ideas and do not account for other factors you may have in the grow. Let me know if that makes sense and best of luck with your plants.

3 Likes

Is your ph good? This can affect and create all sorts of nutrient deficiencies…

Look like the light you are using is a MarsHydro tsw2000, I have the same light when I first got it I put it at full intensity and 24" from canopy and bleach my plant they look just like your, so reduced the light intensity (too much light),

1 Like

Too much light for sure. Try exhausting some of that hot air and put the wattage down if possible. Once they come back to life you should put up the wattage on the lights over time.

1 Like

Hi everyone and thanks for the excellent suggestions. Ive bought rockwool mr craig but how do i find out my parts per million? Litmus paper test? ive got some 20 dollar shabang that tells me my ph hits around 8 so ive been using ridiculously tiny amounts of ph down but its still hanging tough around 8ish on average(way less than the bottle or any grower that ive been fortunate enough to read recommends (forget what dam amount cuz not at home atm)
My apologies for being so terribly withdrawn from this, but got busy on a pole shed for a farmer(no i absolutely cannot ask him advice on my cultivations because his advice would probably be a steady diet praying and monsanto lol) and wanted some more info before bothering you guys with this again.
Anway, I used mushroom compost, regular compost, potting soil and top soil as my grow medium with the composts being a 1/3 of my kids old baby pool(cleaned meticulously well obviously), the soil’s another 1/3, and vermiculite rounds out the ingredients. Raising the lights CERTAINLY helped, someone said a mars2000 and they were dead nuts lol…got 4 more coming in the mail so really need to be further along in fine tuning a few of the variables than i am…
I love landscaping, along with construction have done it all my life, but have never fucking come close to meeting a plant, bush or tree that could be considered even a dam fraction as susceptible to plight as my poor ladies. im spraying their clones with this femanizing shit soon as it gets here and should know which ones are permanent here before long. ill update again with photos but thanks again for all the help and suggestions, be healthy, fucking vote lol

1 Like

@mr.knicknaak ok here is a bit of help with your water a ph of 8 is way to alkaline. You need a ph of 5.5 to 6.5 cannabis likes slightly acidic water. i like to keep mine within a few points of 6 I use about 1ml of white vinegar per gal of filtered water. my water from tap is about an 8 also. this brings ph down naturally. The store bought phdown will kill any beneficial microbes in your soil. I let my water sit for about an hour and retest ph before I water my girls. Hope this helps

your plants are weak! you need smaller pots so it has the right amount of dry time before you can feed it again… smaller pots more feedings… led lights work the leafs alot more… are you checking your pars with a meter? i suggests checking your ph, raising those lights and maybe a little heavier feeding… bumping the feed up slowly… should help get those leafs healthy again.