My son wants to get into the Cannabiz - suggestions?

Lol, how the world has changed, I’m 61. Imagine discussing weed with my dad 40 years ago? Never in my wildest dreams. Enjoy life, it’s to short. Getting high is nice but painkilling properties are even better.

5 Likes

Hahaha, right @oldtxjoe ?!?!?!

2 Likes

I’m already letting my toddler take care of her own clone. She loves plants and gardening, it’s an amazing life experience to connect with nature and reclaim that sensitivity.
I think as parents we have to bring out the best of them and see where they want to go and just groom them the best we can, with all the love and compassion, just like we do with our plants…,

4 Likes

What does your son want to do in the Cannabiz. If he wants to cut or be a bud tender I would suggest that he should get some inside training like Hempstaff. If he wants to be a grower they usually need 2 yrs of horticulture training. Or find a place such as a berry farm or flower shop that will give you the experience required. Hope this helps😄

2 Likes

Absolutely, thanks for your input

2 Likes

Nothing like getting your hands in the dirt. My kids and I did a butterfly garden when they were little, they loved it.

4 Likes

Tell him to seriously consider it. Working for big canna isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Maybe get a few degrees. Learn how to grow. Get some financing. And do the limited batch micro grows. Kinda like micro brewery stuff. It’s super popular. And will continue to grow

3 Likes

Oaksterdam University he can take online classes if he cannot make it to Oakland … To start off by teaching him about laws and regulations then all things grow

3 Likes

Definitely need to keep the industry to local growers the ones who started it all!!! and out of big business… That will ensure quality and respect and professionalism for the industry… Remember these big companies with money to burn are still completely new to the industry unlike the ones who have done this before legalization

4 Likes

Agreed, quality and integrity will go down hill

2 Likes

Funny you should say that @MK3_Pharms, that’s what I suggested, small batch micro grows

2 Likes

I too work In a higher end of retail in my field I get what you say… that is one of the main reasons I am jumping feet first so when it becomes legal here I can get a job in something I have found a true love and passion for

2 Likes

I hear you bro, I’m working with it, rolling with the punches-I make enough money and need to support a family…it’s not going to be an easy foot in the door for any of us at this point mon…
We should all Collectively run in a cannabis cup someday…I was in them in the early 2000’s in Amsterdam…was a fun time!

3 Likes

You know sometimes numbers are the best… You know field of dreams type of thing you know… I found this love this is the thing that keeps me grounded(long story but the same old thing ptsd)… so I’m down

2 Likes

Ya mon…i feel a bit of all of us share the same life energy! A force as @scotty17 always says;) we love having the mystic of something we are cultivating…we all know people aren’t easy for the most part… so we can love and grow wonderful nature at the tips of your fingers…a healing ritual that only few can appreciate!!

2 Likes

I can dig it … we are on the start of something big the problem is people get bored of that journey of getting to something big… I feel I am way behind the 8ball but i am willing to figure out what i have to to get up to where i need to be so i dont have time to get bored

2 Likes

Keep doing!!
If anything you get the self fulfillment without looking at it subjectively!!

1 Like