My Summer's Grow

I keep saying 47 days from seed before you have a viable plant you could flower.

I use uv on seedlings.

and smaller to medium sized plants.

5 Likes

@PreyBird1 You’re one of the experienced and respected growlers that turned me onto thinking this way about uv applications and in supplemental lighting

I’ve always been a long veg person typically three months sometimes more. I think I’m gonna do these girls at two months and flip them at 60 days and see what happens :sunglasses::pray::vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Them are some good lookin girls!

3 Likes

Thank you so much @papajerry

1 Like

About 2 weeks before I flip (if I can control the stretch) - I am going to be letting these gals get taller than in the past (if my courage holds up) - I loved the height that my late summer cuttings attained and I am going to try to reproduce that in my indoor grows.
In the big tent and autopot XLs are
Here they are about 44 days above ground and loving life (me too :slight_smile: ) I read the wrong column on my spreadsheet in my last post.
top is HSC- Garlic Budder Bottom is Fishermanseeds - Purple Cherry Cookies x Apple Fritter

Top is Lovin in her eyes - Peach Marachino (honor seed) Bottom is @rapseed - Acid Rain (honor seed)

top is Bulletproof - Night Cake Bottom is Pure Breeding - New England Rock Cotton Candy

In the small tent in 7 gallon Rain Science Bags are
Top left Aficionado French Connection - Cantava Top Right - Anesia - Blackberry MoonRocks and front and center - Tiki/Clearwater - Transendance / Blood Oath

I have upped the light intensity to 70% with 2hours of UV mid day with the lighting at 80% for that time - I have also adjusted the lighting to a 17- on/7- off

So far I have not had any issues AT ALL - this is my first grow that I can say that - I always run different genetics and strains in every grow so there are usually a couple that are more sensitive to something that I am giving everyone - I battle those until I dial in each plant - this run - everyone is doing better than ever and I have not had any issues nor have I needed to adjust for sensitivities.
I am definietly NOT complaining, just observing and claiming :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Day 49 from popping and everyone is looking pretty good. I’ll be flipping this tent in a little more than a week if I can keep these girls from getting too big. I do want to be taller than my normal grows but I also don’t want them to be so tall that it affects the quality of their grow.

I am battling a minor gnat infestation that was awakened from the Earth Worm Castings I put in the media - I love this brand but I have found it does have gnats. - so I put a layer of perlite on the top of autopots and I will drench the hand watered gals with some BT solution -

I was amazed to see how fast a couple of my gals repaired themselves and healed when some accidents took a couple of colas - they look like they didn’t miss a beat

I am experimenting with the lighting and in the small tent I am using a 16/8 schedule in the big tent 17/7 - I will be using the declining intensity methodology of the Gas Lantern Routine.in both tents when in flower - it just makes sense

Thanks for looking and have a Great Day!

15 Likes

If you give the top of your pots a good dusting with DE that will bring the fungus gnats under control rather quickly. :+1:t3:

10 Likes

Thank you @happilyretired -
I ut perlite and DE on the top layer just now - The autopots keep the top layer dry as they bottom feed but this should get the young larve - and I will refresh - its a light infestation - the yellow sticky paper is telling me the population is declining :slight_smile:
the hand watered plants got a good drenching of BT just now - its a light infestation but I saw it growing and wanted to catch it before it got out of hand -
I want to watch them for a day or two and then I will dust with DE -
I hope you are doing good.

8 Likes

Yep I’m doing pretty good. I should have my grow room back for growing by the end of the weekend hopefully. I will get it set up and off we go.

9 Likes

your grow looks like its off to a Great start!!! -

8 Likes

Yeah unfortunately I have two plants that are dominating the small space they are in. So I have two big ones and two small ones. I’ll get a handle on it here pretty quick. :wink::+1:t3:

8 Likes

Well, my plan to flip the girls at 60 days is becoming less likely - overnight they exploded and I think it wise to listen to them :slight_smile:
I have not defoliated them on purpose so this will be interesting
Youtube has been very strict so you have to view this on youtube -

Really happy with this grow -
Thank you for looking and have a GREAT Sunday!

4 Likes

They have a familiar appearence chief!

3 Likes

Yep - they are about to go Nuclear

4 Likes

Your UV light experience is going to be very helpful for a lot of growers…

Would appreciate your observations on stretch…growing with BBP seems to give a lot of lateral branching producing a plant with dense foliage but a uniform canopy. I’m just curious if you did no defoliation until say two weeks into flower…would that contain stretch to any extent???

LOL, nothing better to think of this morning…they look great chief!

4 Likes

Thank you so much @TheMadFlascher
I have upped the uv(AB) to 7 hours mid day of a 17 hour veg schedule - I have NOT noticed any burning or negative symptoms and in fact have noticed the density of the foliage increasing (I suspect from both BBP and the uv)
There is fantastic lateral branching in every single one of these girls credit to BBP - I experienced that this summer as well - BBP is without a doubt the most valuable product in my arsenal - and this run I have been toning down all my other inputs to strip away some of the smoke :slight_smile:
I don’t plan to defoliate until 4 weeks after flipping - I want to have alot of BBP power going on :slight_smile:
I will be sure to post my experiences on the stretch - I want to delay to as close to 60 days as I can but if they grow more like they did last night I won’t make it…haha

4 Likes

Thanks chief, as always, it will be a lot of fun watching your progress !

5 Likes

Nice stuff. Like a lot of the strains you are farming.

I heard y’all don’t like to trim… well, send em my way lol I will trim em’ and smoke some. Haha

Nice techniques, good ideas for a future outdoor grow.

4 Likes

Thank you so much @mj1 and @TheMadFlascher - another thing that I am doing that I am noticing makes a difference is I am manually raising and lowering the intensity of my lights to correspond with a rising to mid-day then declining to sunset - I am now giving them 100% at the mid day so lights on at 2am set to 70% - lights up at 5am to 80% - lights up to 90% at 7 am and 100% at 9am till 1pm then I start backing them off - the UV lights are on from 7am -2pm - lights out at 7pm. I am liking the 17/7 veg schedule - especially with adjusting the lighting - the combination seems to be a good one to getting a little closer to replicating mother nature.
I am lucky to have the time and motivation to do this manually - ultimately I would love a light mover with a dimmer that could give me more flexibility - I would also like a way to vary the spectrum intensity - I know you can get lights that do that in the very high end equipment but soom I am sure it will be more available :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been sniffing around for a tool that will do sunrise and sunset. My lights are wired for it. Maybe I’ll call the grow light depot tomorrow and ask about it.

2 Likes