My Summer's Grow

That’s why I don’t let the puppy out alone :slight_smile:

Yes, all our predators are very well fed here - the property is very wooded and untamed - many creatures lurk there - so far (over 24 years) we all live in harmony with a healthy respect. :slight_smile:

come on over - I had a great harvest this summer and love to share :slight_smile:

9 Likes

LOL kinda “far” to come hang out. I live in St. Louis, MO.

5 Likes

This is my goto thread btw. Rocking it👏

6 Likes

It’s mine too.

6 Likes

If it’s one thing I know for sure and that is that Preying mantis’s don’t need any help eating as long as your environment is healthy. I remember years ago I was in my hometown of Jasper MO where I grew up (population 726) probably less now that all the young folk don’t stay “on the farm” anymore. Anyway was painting my Grammy and Grandad’s house for them, and looked up to see a Mantis doing the walk one step and sway, walk one step and sway…as it stalked a HUGE spider that had built a nest up at the top of the porch…this went on for a good hour till ol’ Mantis got close enough…now at the time I didn’t know any better and said to myself, fool you gonna get killed…nope that mantis snatched that spider and disposed of it in a nano second. lol. Trust me your mantis is eating good in the neighborhood…(to borrow a phrase). And in a very short time will be dead as winter comes on. Hopefully she got some already and spun her egg sack.

Marty

8 Likes

Thank you so much @boozer and @OlyBoy

@mrgreenjeans - I know how good a huntress she is and I have seen her capture and eat some small moths that are still flying around but the insects are in short supply and the shorter days are colder - so I wanted to give her a helping hand - I had toyed with the idea of taking her inside and keeping her alive - they do live up to a year if the weather is warm enough - But she seemed to want to stay wild (I did have several conversations with her) and I respect that - I have not seen her since I came back witha bag full of crickets -

10 Likes

Are you guys talking about GoldLeaf from ILGM? If so I have some of those seeds I think 10 or 20 of them when they had a sale, those are house genetics with ILGM. I have never put any of them in as yet, i have WAY to many seeds lol. How is the buzz? Strong/Medium UP/DOWN ??

Marty

2 Likes

Well kill the crickets and put them in your pot plants lol. I use insect frass in mine.

:wink:

Marty

3 Likes

Yes sir! Best producing plants I`ve ever had.

2 Likes

Everyone that I gave some to, enjoyed it very much.

2 Likes

Well I might just have to try some of those. Just got done with a project I have been meaning to do for a long time, namely get my seeds super protected for long term storage. Went on Amazon and got two things tiny little glass vials with screw lids that will hold about 20-30 seeds and aluminum tins with a foam lid seal to put all the seeds that I have gotten in tiny little plastic zip locks (worthless for storage) I always put them into glass, but didn’t have small stuff to control the amount of air. So I got both then sealed them in a glass canning jar. Now they are in glass/aluminum/glass. Should last a long time.

Some of these tins have 6 different strains in them. So I put a label on the outside that said “see inside” lol.

Marty

9 Likes

Well that is indeed nice to know, that is what the owner advertised about them. Nice to hear it from a grower rather than the seller.

Marty

5 Likes

yes - its a really good strain in lots of ways - and a good yielder too - I grew one last year outdoors and was very happy with it.

4 Likes

Fantastic !! I just checked and I have a good supply of them (20).

Sounds like a couple of good grows to me !!

Thanks for the info!

Marty

5 Likes

It makes me wonder what kinds of cannabis seeds are inside this place…

I’d like to think their landrace strain’s seeds would be as well documented as any other seeds on earth.

5 Likes

Its a beautiful but cold morning here and I caught one of our resident Red-Shouldered Hawks surveying the land for food-
We have 2 mated pair of Red Shouldered hawks that have lived here as long as I have (more likely their offpring as I have lived here 24 years)
When I was involved heavily in Native American Studies, my elder told me 25 years ago in a sweatlodge that my totem was the Red-shouldered hawk - I never saw or even heard of them before, but I later found these guys and became fascinated with the birds of prey.
The males are smaller than the females by about a third which is one of the ways you can tell who’s who - They have a very distinct cry and it goes right to my soul…

11 Likes

Today is 2 weeks since flipping the tents - I am very happy with the stretch and the stacking - I lost New England Rock Cotton Candy - not sure if she was a boy all along or a girl turned hermie but she was turning so fast I bagged her immediately so it will remain a mystery -
Its starting to get very interesting in both tents :slight_smile:

I love the transition period - Its where you can see what will be and make subtle adjustments - I have not defoliated any leaves from any of the girls in either tent since they popped- I may let the entire grow go that way - I will monitor what I see in the lower branches in a week or two and make my decisions then - but I want an all natural grow to see what that yields.
I have resumed my full UVab treatment @PreyBird1 - I am giving them 7 hours per day mid-cycle and not one burn mark or stress indicated - I am watching but so far everything that I have read regarding the danger has not held true in my tent.
Thanks for stopping by

6 Likes

See i never believed it either. I run UV all day long! Never had an issue.

4 Likes

Its pretty stunning that all of the information in my research (which was pretty extensive) is so counter to my experience - My lights are 75% UVb and 25% UVa - UVa is less harmful but also less potent - UVb is the most harmful to plants and humans and will burn both with little effort - I take precautions when I am viewing the tent and turn off if I am working in it, but I have to tell you (and thank you) the vastly increased UV treatments I have given this grow has really upped my game in veg and I am very excited to see what this increase in exposure will do the the flowers - I have my small tent with the 3 plants as control - they are not the same strains but I should be able to tell the difference in frost, terpenes, and trichomes :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Funny you mention the uv. And the protection. I am highly allergic to cannabis pollen and certain parts of the plant. I actually wear farmers defence sleeves and a pollen mask and an apron.

I got my wife some because she helps me work in the garden.
I wear as a safety precaution.

1. Method 7 glasses for led.
  2. Farmers defense sleeves. There spf 50+ they keep pollen off my arms. I break out in hives badly and they keep my hairy ass arms out of the flower. Im not smoking arm hairs lol. And neither is any of my clients.
  3. Apron for triming or anything i dont want on my suit.
  4. Full body suit for 2 different rooms.
  5. Indoor shoes only for gardening.
    You really should not play around with grow lights they will ruin your vision.
7 Likes