My Summer's Grow

blackberry moonrocks looks beautiful :star_struck:

10 Likes

Thank you @OlyBoy - I agree - she smells divine and is stacking like a champ - She is supposed to be 33%THC but I always am skeptical of breeder’s numbers in that regard, but as a relative measure it sounds potent haha

8 Likes

Both tents are 26 days from flipping - My honor plants Acid Rain from @RAP ad Peach Marachino are so beautiful it makes me tear up every morning to see their progression - The last 2 pics are from the small tent BlackberryMoonrock and Cantava from - I can see a visible difference in the frost with the honor plants which get the most direct UV treatments -
Thank you for looking
ACID RAIN

PEACH MARACHINO

BLACKBERRY MOONROCKS

CANTAVA

14 Likes

:pray: :heart_eyes: :blush: :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

Day 30 since flipping and all is well in my world.
My 2 honor plants are getting the most UV treatments of all the plants as well as the best seat for the expanded far reds in my main light and their flowers are the most colorful so far. They also are the tallest being about 12 inches from the lights at the top of the tent -
Here is Acid Rain from @rapseed

Here is Peach Marachino from Lovin in her eyes

Aside from the extra frost because of their prime location under the lights their smell is the strongest in both tents which is telling me that the UV lights are doing their job on terps.
This run is teaching me several nuance methods that will become a regular part of my growing style - UV lights are in :vulcan_salute::blush::pray:

17 Likes

I hope your day is spectacular,
everyDAY!

14 Likes

I hope yours is as well!

7 Likes

Thank you - @Slym3r
It will -
I choose it to be and when I do, it always is apeo

9 Likes

The Acid Rain buds are beautiful! The Peach Marachino ain’t bad either, haha.

7 Likes

I agree :slight_smile: and Thank you.
She has more budsites than any plant I have grown and the fragrance is incredible and getting stronger every day - her colors are beginning to show - and PM is just under 12 inches from my lights which are and have been set at 100% and not a burn mark to be found.- she’s a looker too and actually has a peach smell developing -

9 Likes

I’m using a better camera so I can turn the exposure down. :blush:
Day 35 since Flipping the tents to flower and all is well.
In the Big tent is in order of appearance is
Night Cakes , Peach Marachino, Acid Rain, Purple Cherry Cookies x Apple Fritter, and Garlic Budder
In the small tent Transcendence, Blackberry Moonrocks, and Cantava

I have noticed major differences in the 2 tents - The small tent which is in 7-gallon rain science bags (not autopot) and top-fed, as well as top dressed no UV, is much healthier in foliage - and much thicker in whole plant view - The big tent has much more color in their buds and further developed in the buds but the foliage is very droopy - so I am beginning to defoliate those leaves from the big tent gals - I am leaving the small tent untouched.

Thanks for looking

12 Likes

To update on my current experiments this run - so far the results are interesting - of course - the proof is in the pudding not in evaluating while its cooking but I find the process interesting too so I am sharing what I am finding - The Big Tent and Small tent are different environments and media - all are the same age, the small tent (ST) has soil and soiless living mix, 800w 3-7gallon rain science bags is hand fed from the top and I top dress and no UV, the Big tent (BT) is all soiless living media, 1200w, UVab, Autopots 6.6gal plastic pots, bottom fed, no top dress. Both are getting the exact same nutrients and light schedules and teas. I am noticing differences in the whole plant especially the leaf health and bud coloration and terps. The BT Buds are much more colorful and frosty, the ST buds are much longer down the stem, bigger /wider and gnarlier, I believe the top dressing of bloom additives is most responsible for the bud size, UV for frostiness and color, The ST’s leaves are so much healthier than the BT - I have started to defoliate the BT because I believe the roots are too crowded and not getting the oxygenation it needs even though they have an aerator airdome in each pot. - I will be using fabric pots next run to see if that theory holds true. -
It’s harder to tell in pics vs, in person but its fun to learn and share so here you go.
In the BIG Tent (BT)
Night cakes

Peach Marachino

Acid Rain

Garlic Budder

Purple Cherry Cookies x Apple Fritters

In the Small Tent (ST)
Transcendance

Blackberry Moonrocks

Cantava

Representative colas
BT

ST

Foliage
BT

ST

Hope you are having a great day -

20 Likes

love me a good experiment :wink:…awe looking all round my friend… :sunglasses: :v:

9 Likes

Thanks so much @Arrow
I experiment every run and love doing them - all are non scientific but meaningful non-the-less :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I got an observation that you did not mention. If l look at the plants leaf structure on all the plants in the BT compared to the leaf structure in the ST, there is some cupping on all of the plants in the BT and I don’t see any in the ST. Not that it makes any difference as far as quality of flower it’s just an observation of the difference between the BT and the ST.
Another observation as far as a visual difference between the two is the ST looks more like the growth pattern of outdoor versus the BT looks very much like indoor. This is an observation that I made on the appearance of plants I grew last year. All my outdoors were clones of my indoors so I grew them both ways. The same plant that is. Anyways just a couple more observations that I am seeing you can throw in there. Outstanding especially the beauty coming from the BT. :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

14 Likes

Thank you so much @happilyretired - and you are right - the small tent does look like my outdoor girls looked only chunkier - its one of the reasons I like them so much - but I like the indoor look too - what’s a poor boy to do? haha
One of the things that may be affecting the leaves in the BT are the UV treatments - They are still getting 7 hours a day of UVab - @TheMadFlascher wondered if it could possibly be contributing to cellular breakdown in the leaves or possibly it triggers the fade earlier. - something to watch.

I do like running 2 different environments in my tents - it keeps things interesting and I can try different things and see how they like them.
I have been thinking about that Rockwool set up and running 9 plants in RW squares in my 4x4 in a tray with maybe an aquavalve5 from my autopots but I think I am going to wait until next fall to do that - I am going to run 9 photos again in a month with 6 in autopots but in fabric with airdomes and 3 in rain science like now - I really like the diversity of challenges it gives me as well as a very satisfying garden experience.apeo

8 Likes

Rock wool isn’t the best for wicking. It’s best either flooding or top water. My next grow I’m going to do in 3 inch cubes for vegging and sexing then I’m going to set those on top of slabs in a tray. Lots more plants same space same grow medium shorter veg time.

10 Likes

That sounds fascinating - I’ll be watching :eyes:

7 Likes

Thats what I did back in 78-79. I built a 2’ x 4’ table and put cuttings in 4" rockwool cubes. Covered with plastic until I saw roots. Then after a couple days hardening off I removed the plastic and set right to flower. Flooded it 2 times a day and let it drain back into tub. took about 5 mins to drain the table after filling. had a harvest every 10 weeks. I kept big mother plants and took all the cuttings to fill the table at once. So 2 weeks for the rooting/veg period and 8 weeks flower. It was a sweet setup in the closet back then. Used a 1000w HPS over the table and had a 1000 MH over the mother plants. Never heard of Sea of green back then but that was pretty much what it was.

If I could find an organic solution for the flooding I would do it again.

10 Likes

I saw it in a journal somewhere I can’t remember where it was they were doing living soil and they had a PCV frame with a canvas interior to hold the soil it was a 2 x 4‘x 1 foot deep set up and it was living soil. I imagine if you put your starters in there for two weeks and then flipped it it would work just fine.

10 Likes