Nacho151 Growbucket OC/GG#4 Dakine BBP Grow

Lookin good indeed ! Don’t know what is up with your auto, some plants just never seem to get amber trikes, I have waited on some till they were getting yellow stems and falling over and still no amber. Prolly time to harvest. Have ya tried more dark per day?

Marty

6 Likes

I drop 1 hour a day until I got down to 12/12. I might get it down to 10/14 this week. Right now I plan to harvest it next Wednesday.

6 Likes

I just read an article that says light intensity or heat stress will cause new pistil growth and keep the trichomes from turning amber. I am going to reduce the light intensity tomorrow, to see if it helps.

8 Likes

Dang…nice find @nacho151 !!!
That information SHOULD be on every cannabis forum there is !!

You found it…you ought to take credit and post it IMHO !!

6 Likes
7 Likes

Feeling like a little Deja Vu from a couple weeks back…

6 Likes

I wasn’t too worried about it until about 2 weeks ago! Lol! Plus the tent never got above 79 degrees. But new light, so new learning curve!

6 Likes

Just rub it in why don’t you. What a tragedy!! It’s cool… my room hardly gets above 100… LMAO okay 90…2…ish!!

7 Likes

Orange Crush P1 Day 54. Just fed and watered. I’m going to put it into flower next Sunday.

Orange Crush Auto Day 144 going dark at 7 PM and will be chopped Tuesday morning.
OC Auto Day 144

11 Likes

Now look at that monster. Nicely done man

6 Likes

Trim em up good while they are still potted. Like having a third hand makes it easy for trim jail… no sense leaving any of that brown dead shit as it won’t help with the drying at all. The philosophy I’ve often heard and use (some what) is how some leaves are left to help for an even drying process. Can’t get blood from a stone and all… LoL it will be nice to have full jars again right Notch!!!
A long time ago I would see ppl saying how the jars are empty - it’s time to buy a sack and be like how is that possible… Not anymore :smiley::joy: it happens to the best of us!! Sell too much, one too many baseball bat size bluntz!! I have 1 jar, maybe 2 O’s to get through until September. Well I saw Patty yesterday and that has doubled . LMAO I got sent home with at least a QP from T… And another QP of seeds… LMAO

9 Likes

The trim jail for this auto should only last about 20 minutes! Lol!

8 Likes

I should have added, when I have plants that have a large yield, I just remove the fan leaves then hang it to dry, then use my tumbler trimmer to do the trim jail.

8 Likes

You have a tumbler dude… How satisfied are you with it. I really should invest in something because trim jail just takes so much of the fun out of it for me. For real it’s next level impatients for me. I have had to put plants to the budder bag a couple of times from them sitting in the trim bin for weeks and just brittle.

8 Likes

I have the Tom’s Tumbler. I had 5 plants to trim before I got it. I spent 8 hours wet trimming 1 of them. I gave up and ordered the tumbler trimmer and just removed the fan leaves on the other 4 plants and hung them up to dry while I waited for the tumbler trimmer to arrive. After using it the first time, i loved the fact that the other 4 plants only took about an hour and a half to get a great trim just by turning the tumbler on! If you don’t have a large volume of flower to trim at one time, just add ping pong balls or toy pit balls and start it up. I usually run it in 20 minute cycles and look at the buds to see if it is to my liking. It’s better than being hunched over a trim tray for a week, for sure! I also like the taste of the smoke when it’s dry trimmed compared to wet trim.

10 Likes

REALLY!!! that is good advice Nacho. I’m gonna do some more serious looking and ill search it up in here too now that I think about it. Happy hardly uses his I’ve heard him say… ofcourse for him hardly could mean only 10 of the plants went in it ya know.

10 Likes

The Tom’s Tumbler gives you a weight needed for filling it up with flower, however it was the average weight of flower to get a good trim during their testing. Basically it’s not weight, rather it’s volume. If you don’t have the volume the ping pong balls or the pit balls will give you the volume and more surface area for the flowers to rub against. Whatever you use to create the volume just make sure it’s light and not solid. Please don’t use hard solid balls in it, because they will destroy your buds. The TT1900 is the model I wish I had gotten, because it comes with extra screens and it has a stand. I got the hand crank one with an electric motor, then had to upgrade with other nets, screens, and a cover. It really is a time saver and your not screwing around for days on end with trim jail. @PreyBird1 has the centurion pro, he can probably give you some good advice about it.

6 Likes

Dang wish I wasn’t so damn impatient and knew to ask about review, I have a 19" bowl trimmer arriving tomorrow. Hope its worth it, but it was only $129, I send a lot straight to the freezer for bubble, cuz I hate trimming, I do the big buds and the small shit i just get bored with and freeze before even drying…

6 Likes

MY Mannn. TY Dog!!! I’m not the only one. I only done wet trim to the freezer my first year growing since I figured it was gonna get decarbed anywho. Only done it lately with dried plants I haven’t trimmed up… they sit in the trim bin or stuffed into a jar for 2 - 10 weeks. I’d even still burp the jars every day too @ the beginning. :joy: Telling myself tomorrow night I’m trimming it… over and over every week for a month. LoL thats when I also mix up the strains and forget what is what…

7 Likes

Lol trim jail sucks. If im hand trimming and i dont want to do it. I throw a trim party. I pay for booze and snacks. And i get pretty much free labor. If i have to trim a lot of plants typically when i harvest 20-40 plants at once. I break out the de-buder lid on the 5gallon bucket. Buck all the buds into the bucket. Then into the centurion pro for some automatic trimming. But you have to dick around with suction vent and how short your blower tube is and this varies on the strain of flower going through the trimmer based on how light the flower is and how long the leaves are and how the air flows through them as the air sucks the buds against the trimmer drum then the blade nips off what pokes through into 1/2" gap between drum and the long blades. 3 things that suck about commercial or table top trimmers

1. You have to adjust the blade and do a paper cut test at the start of every run.
  2. You have to clean the entire machine, lube the bearings every run.
  3. They use a lot of electricity and are generally a 2 stage 220v power system.
    So if im not doing big flower runs it sits there looking at me. I made enough flower last run i havent had to reproduce any for 4 months. Just growing new flavors to try and maybe cross later if there what i like. And i like older strains. But i really like the debudder lid! Its like a debucking machine for like $30 its so easy to just Rip the buds off the stem!! Saves some serious time. And sounds awful and its awful doing it to the buds. Then you look at the buds and there just fine lol. But watch a video on commercial equipment running and its just a mechanicalized machine that basically just rips the stem through a small hole forcing the buds to snap off the stem. So the idea is take your branches and cut them into 24" pieces and just grip the stem and pull the stem through the slots causing the buds to pop off like the machine does. But if you leave the flower on the stems until its cured and then use the debudder thats when this sucker is even better! It works so good. It save me some serious time on plant processing. I did like 20 plants in a couple hours time. I re-ran material fine tuning the suction to the flower i was running through it. Also i got the trimmer from dakine420 at cost. I cant complain but would i do it again? Hell no! Id rather buy more equipment or upgrade my equipment then buy a commerical trimmer.
    Edit: 4th sucky thing about the centurion pro! You think harvesting fresh flowers smells? Well add a giagantic air blower to the mix and holy mother of weed! I always run my smoker because we not allowed to grow here!
9 Likes