Nacho151 NIWA Grow Hub

Well hello stranger… Glad to see ya giving it the old college try. Looks like your leaning on the techn-o grow side of things. Gonna make things a little easier… Maybe keep the environment spot on for ya. That is something I can’t get right is my environment. One day when I’m airtight and locked in on the basics I’ll try a serious approach with the weather scenerio. I’m far from there tho… LoL

9 Likes

Sorry I’m not very good with tech stuff. What are the options for running a pump like ( number of events, time between events ect.) ?

8 Likes

I really don’t know yet. From playing with it last night I found that the programing is called a recipe and you can make several recipes for an outlet, or at least it looks like you can. I’ll play with it more and try to give you a better answer.

8 Likes

@treetrunks you can set multiple setting for watering to include days of the week from what I just looked at! Pretty neat stuff so far.

8 Likes

I just found another interesting feature in the app. If your in the stats portion of the app if you touch the cloud with the down arrow it will send you an email of the information in a cvs file!

9 Likes

If no one has seen @chrisj Niwa Hub Thread, here is a link for a discount code if you are interested in getting one.

10 Likes

Interested in seeing how this goes @nacho151 something i wanna look into getting

11 Likes

I’m liking it so far! I am making a list of questions to find answers for as I play around with it! Like how many cycles can you add to a recipe for each outlet? Does it stop working if the WIFI goes down? I figure the answers will be found out as soon as I use it for a while.

11 Likes

Well you can add 4 cycles per day for watering, you can set your fan to run for a specific number of minutes each hour. I’m testing a light schedule tonight to see what happens.

11 Likes

@hydrokidd007 will be glad to answer all your questions. Post them here and you will get answers. Love your work @nacho151 , keep growing.

11 Likes

Last night I plugged in a small light and setup a light recipe from 8 PM to 11:59 AM. Still on which is a good thing.

It also answered the question if the Grow Hub will continue to work if the WIFI connection is disconnected. It will still work as long as the recipes for your outlet were activated. Here is a picture of the stats page from the app!

@hydrokidd007 your product is pretty impressive to me so far!

9 Likes

Nacho you know you can take screenshots right :sweat_smile: Put the joint out for a minute with your stoney ass…lol…

10 Likes

Just easier for my technologically impaired ass to use a different camera! I don’t have an email account set up on that phone to transfer the pictures to my desktop. For some reason every time I try to logon to the forum with a phone it gives me an error message that my username and password are invalid!

11 Likes

I’m liking the NIWA Grow Hub so far. I just set it up to run a humidifier! Working good so far!

10 Likes

Screen shot of the stats.

9 Likes

Still Kinda spendy for my tastes…I won a Controller 69 but its $100 and has all the plug and play with variable converters for various lighting controllers, new modular integrated controllable outlets. I think these guys got themselves locked into a tech thats already been outpaced and devalued. C69 has that exact chart and the Pulse has CO2 monitoring and PPFD readings. These cats are gonna really need to up their game and dump the $ to stay viable. One word “Plastics”, no kidding its Modularity.

9 Likes

It’s good of your not using AC Infinity equipment. Even if you lose your WiFi connection it continues to work as long as you have the recipe setup. My WiFi kind of sucks and I was worried about that, but it hasn’t been an issue so far.

8 Likes

The 69pro is great even if none of your gear is AC, only thing really lost is variable control on the Exhaust fans if your not running the T series - to be honest… Same as mine, It’s Wifi as in I can control it here in my office 50mi away, or if Wifi goes out at Home I can snag it on BT.

Anyway, I don’t mean to sound negative - I am a gadget nerd so I am still interested to see what this one can do in terms of automation.

9 Likes

One of the things I really like about the NIWA Grow Hub is the water pump setup. I have my grobuckets modified to be watered with a 400 gph aquarium pump. If I’m not going to be available to water my plants, I can set up a bucket reservoir with a gallon of water, then setup the day and time for it to start and stop the watering in the recipe!

11 Likes

I like that feature also. Man so many things to choose from. I like the 69 controller also. I have the old 66 model. Im still messing with mine i think im going to move my 4 gallon bucket system into another tent and automate it with the niwa hub. Well see here in a bit.

11 Likes