Need help cloning

Ive only had success cloning so far 1 out of 11 tries i just went strait in ro water with a drop of rapid root and a air stone in the cup. Took about 2 weeks to get a root but finally happened i never put a dome over it and ive never sprayed the leaves just left it be in a room woth lots of light lots of heat and high humidity. Good luck hopefully u get it down.

1 Like

No water. When i clone and dont use the cloner. I cut the plant put in water. Then 45 degree cut dip into clonex gel and into rockwool cubes and they sit in clonex nutrients mix. With or without dome is fine. They will root in 10 days. Keep the cubes wet that the clones are in.

2 Likes

Where are you cutting your clones from? Top or bottom of the plant? I usually take them from the bottom growth. I’ve cut in and out of water. Usually I make sure the plants I take clones from are somewhat “thirsty” dry.
/
Also are you spraying the humidity dome or the plants in propagation?

1 Like

Top only. And shoots. I have cloned every part of a plant and only the tops or top of shoots grow the best. Because the meristems in the plants are the most viable at the tips. Also i make sure the plants are healthy not thirsty. Go look at my permaclone thread and examine my cuts. Plain water sucks for cloning.

1. Cut a choice cut. Put in water
  2. Cut at 45 degrees immediately into clone gel
  3. Immediately dip into clonex then into rockwool or cloner.
  4. Mist is ok if you mist dome only.
  5. If you dont mist leaves. It stimulates the plants to find water and make roots faster so they can find that water.
9 Likes

Patience, some take a long time to root. Keep misting the dome, misting your leaves, keep your rapid rooter plugs moist but not soaking wet

I’ll usually take cuttings, place in water to start to avoid air bubbles, then dip in cloning solution, dip in cloning powder, into presoaked plug, into tray with dome on and leave for a week or so without opening dome

Usually within 10 days or so I’ll see roots peaking out

3 Likes
4 Likes

Might want to let the roots and air a little drier… Being too wet stunts root growth… You have to make the clone want to stretch its roots out to find more water… =) youll get it right eventually. If not… I suggests a cloner!

2 Likes

I took from top and bottom branches

1 Like

Ok I’ll try a again tomorrow. This time same method just keep rooters moist and top off. Is it ok to keep it in same tent as grow light ? Or should I use the small t5 light and separate it ?

3 Likes

You can but i personally run a T5 full spec fluorescent 44 watts like 1" above the plants. In a single fixture works so well i only use it now. This works incredibly well. I have a 5 bulb fixture and a 1 bulb fixture using these bulbs.

3 Likes

Ok I have one similar I believe will try it again also. One more thing would it be too late to take a clone when I switch to flower?

2 Likes

No you can in flower but realize it will go back vegetative grow which takes 10 days. Can slow things down. I havent done extensive testing on clones. I always use clonex gel and clonex clone- seedling nutrients. I feed my plants from the second they sprout people like to argue this but i have done this on 350 clones so i do what works

3 Likes

You can def leave it there, but., If you decide will keep in the tent… I suggest putting a thin white pillow case over the clone dome… Just until they develop roots… Or else you’ll need a Florescent light. =)

3 Likes

Interesting light diffusion technique there ultrapuff. I like that👍.

2 Likes

Does the trick… What can i say! I got 3 like that as we speak… 2 of my skunk… Which is fucking beast… And one of the simple wedding cake because i heard awesome things about her…

2 Likes

Well I have a few going in my rapid rooters following the methods learned here and they look good so far but I also picked up a cheap cloner a new 3x3 tent and 2 t5 bulbs for 60$ on 5miles :grin:. I’m a habitual negotiator they wanted more than twice that… I’ll prob just startup and veg plants in that tent. Will try out the cloner but still want to at least get a successful clone the OG way so gonna keep my rapid rooters going.

So far the light feeding of the rapid rooter is what I think is doing it justice. I also took humidity dome off and heating mat. My temps are 74-76 and humidity 75-88. With that cloner running now it’s 99RH so I guess no need for dome. Might put heating mat back inside but so far so good.

Thanks for all the help will let show progress here when I see some roots

4 Likes

Damn bro… You def got the whole setup and the know how… You should get rapid root growth with all that stuff… Me? All I use it the clonex gel and a dome… No heat pads…or anything. I leavr them in my veg room… (with a white pillow case over the dome) lol… I run vpd so… It plenty warm. I use rockwool cubes.

4 Likes

Yea I’m lucky I came up on that deal today. I was searching for the lights and seen someone wanting to sell their whole setup. Barley used at that. If you don’t have time for growing it WILL make you quit it’s easy but not easy at same time so i understand.

2 Likes

Its the technic… What medium are you cloning with? Remember… Keep them barely moist… It will do better for them rather then drenched… I just started opening the vents in the my clone domes today… I have to be careful because those tiny rockwool cubes dry quick, so I have to check at least 2 a day to see where they are.

2 Likes

Rapid rooters and yes that is working keeping them moist. I’m not using dome anymore but room humidity is 90. They are standing tall right now

4 Likes