Need help identifying the issue and solution

I have repotted my plant about 8-9 days back in a soil mixed with fresh compost. Have not added any fertilizer to it yet. I water it once every 2 days following the 1st knuckle rule which I read about.

I am a first time grower and only doing it as a hobby. However ever since repotting, I am seeing my leaves getting brownish and crisp at the tips and curling up. This has spread up from my lower leaves towards the top leaves over the last week.

Apart from that I also see some rust coloring on some of the leaves.

Pics are attached. Please help me with this.

1 Like

Hi abhi. What kind of soil are you using?

1 Like

Hi Bluesky, tbh I got them from a nursery. No specific idea on the soil.

1 Like

I just added some fresh compost to it. Nothing different.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to know what you’re using without more details on the compost and original soil. Compost is very inconsistent so it’s very hard to troubleshoot based on the information you’ve given so far. The color in the leaves may be caused by environmental stresses (eg. temperature…etc). A lot of times people have environmental issues and their first thought is “it’s a nutrient deficiency” when it’s often something else entirely.
What are your day and night temps? Indoor or outdoor?

2 Likes

It’s in my balcony and temperatures are usually around 26-29 degrees Celsius during the day time and 20-23 degrees Celsius during the night.

I can try to find out the components on the compost as well.

My main concern is it is spreading gradually from the lower leaves to the upper ones. Does that happen in a temperature/stress burn? I have been growing it for about 1.5 months now and it seems to have stagnated over the last 1-1.5 weeks. Is that expected?

1 Like

Have you checked the ph of your soil?
It is very important to water your plant at the correct ph level for your stage of plant growth.

Are you watering in nutrients? if so, what?

Hey bluesky. I have not checked the pH level of the soil. Also, haven’t added any nutrients separately along with the water since I had just repotted the plants in fresh compost mixed soil.
I was worried that the leave tips turning brown might be nute burn so I avoided that.

It’s been 2 weeks since I repotted, is it now a good time to add nutrients to it?

Hi Abhi - apologies for the delay.
its extremely difficult to advise on nutrients when we don’t know what is in the soil. You could try feeding some Nitrogen and that may help your plants green up and be happy. My suggestion would be to brew a worm castings tea to start and see how they respond to that.