Need help with cooling calculation

Fully insulated as well

2 Likes

I’m in Nova Scotia if that helps

2 Likes

I think the heat pump that size will work pretty good.

3 Likes

Me too I’ll just run my flower at night and I think it will run quite nicely

3 Likes

Thanks to this thread I got down the rabbit hole of geothermal HVAC solutions. It’d be awesome to install one to cool my growing area.

3 Likes

For sure great for smell control and u can run CO2 w a heat pump

2 Likes

Each 1000w light should have its own cooling/exhaust ducts. To cool 2500 ft^3, divide 2500ft^3 by 3 minutes then multiply total by 5%, or .05 for cooled lights, 15% or .15 for non-cooled lights, and add, you’ll need to circulate around 875 cfm [cubic feet per minute] (AT MINIMUM ) to 975 cfm. This means that you are circulating 975 cfm every 3rd minute. If you are using a carbon scrubber, add another 60 cfms. So you’ll need a fan that can circulate 1000 cfm every three minutes, or 2 500 cfm fans, or 4 250 cfm fans…

3 Likes

What’s your humidity like where you live? I live in the Desert Southwest, so it’s hot and dry. I’m a new grower - so no suggestions about calculating how to cool, but what I’ve done that’s helping a bit to lower the temps in my tent is to run an evaporative humidifier (with a humidstat built in) - the air in runs though the filter cools as the fan uptakes it in the air. The one I have is larger than I need for the grow tent though - an Aircare Space Saver 836000HB. I had to stop using the ultrasonic humifider as our water (even RO) is high in calcium and my carbon filter got clogged up with the white powder. I’m using a 530 watt LED and tent is a 4x4x6.

Wow! There is no way your R/O water would be high in calcium unless your membranes are shot!
It does happen though when your source water is chlorinated. There is always a activated carbon filter pre-membrane, but people forget to change it or don’t change it enough. Chlorine will destroy your r/o membranes in a hurry!!

2 Likes

Thanks - it’s old - I have a new system - now need it installed!