New grow diary kinda

How do you guys feel about this light Amazon.com

7 Likes

I wouldnt buy them because of the diodes I’d search for the cheapest but with the best diodes if money is an issue bro.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t buy any of those ‘1000W’ advertised lights (LMAO) that go for this kind of money on Amazon or similar websites… @TechDCo the light you found is only a 100W as well. The MeanWell XLG-100-H-AB is a 100W output driver… Never ever gunna get a desired PPFD from that for during flowering.

My advice is to buy lights straight from reputable manufacturers, preferably DLC certified/listed.
If you’re short on cash, it’s probably better to save up a little longer than to invest in a dissapointment…Or make some yourself if you’re a handyman. But not many new growers are into making lights when they don’t have some background in electricity or electronics…

5 Likes

Truth to that :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You are completely missing the concept. Get off your high horse!

5 Likes

@Gee if you’re on a budget you might wanna have a look at some of the established Chinese brands that do offer reasonably good priced ‘quality’ lights. Like Spider Farmer, Mars Hydro & Vivosun. I’d recommend not going lower than 300 REAL Watts (in the 3-400$ category), 200W will still get you something, never great, and below that you’ll 100% grow airy, disappointing buds.
It’s very simple, it’s science: need +600 PPFD (minimum) in flowering for nice flowers and -300W lights will simply never give you that.
:v:

4 Likes

Or ask @Dequilo very very nicely to learn you how to make some (sorry bro) :rofl:

3 Likes

@MrMonkey420 building for me was the way to go :slight_smile:

@gee if you are looking to build here is a good site

not just strip plans

you can find cheap used lights but be careful you are not buying others mistakes

just cheaper :wink:

a good used one :slight_smile: maybe

almost bought it for 100 buck US but need money for more beans I am a bit short

on seeds for the 2023 season

if you are not stuck on LEDs and want to grow The Weed a 400 watt HID HPS/MH

will pound out lots of hard bud for cheap money

all the best in your grows and be safe

Dequilo

7 Likes

Well can someone give me a crash course in making lights

6 Likes

work with electricity at all? there are kits that appear to be very good with simple instruction

if you can read a basic plan and understand a bit about AC/DC current/circuits

or buy used the best you can find

talk about the lights I built here in my grow thread starts Dec 2022

they were pretty easy to build and work real well saving me lots of coin on the power bill

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

6 Likes

@dequilo i have a few questions i would love if you could learn me how to make the lights me and my babies would appreciate it.

6 Likes

I sure can try :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks i been watching a few videos kinda understand it but i still have a few questions

6 Likes

ask and I or someone here will help I am sure :slight_smile:

the LEDs strips/boards/what have you are like the HID bulb in a lamp

HIDs need a ballast, LEDs need a driver

you need the right ballast/driver to light your lamps

all the best and bring on the questions

Dequilo

5 Likes

@dequilo I want to do led but i want mine to be brighter than the current ones (alot). Also need to know where u got ur reflective background from all i have are white walls

6 Likes

I just want the right setup to power this room even during flower :cherry_blossom: stage but dont really know how bright they should be or anything but i kinda understand how to put em together

6 Likes

Also i have another question so are you saying that I can upgrade the driver and the lights will be brighter

6 Likes

Found a light i think i like Check this out! Amazon.com

6 Likes

are you in the states? USA? that is a lot of light for a 4 x 4 tent a 400 watt would work

you more than likely can only dim that to 600 watts

cooling will be a problem

not a bad light throw up 4 or 5 of those in my 8 foot by 16 foot grow room with AC and active

exhaust we can do 4000 to 5000 grams every 8 weeks and with little work

and if you go that way look at double ended digital ballasts

lots of cheap equipment for sale so shop

if you just need a light to start and do not want to or do not have a lot of coin

I just took down about 4800 watts of HIDs three 1000 watters and a couple of 600 watters

all double ended

need light I will send you one if it can be done

talk to me my friend tell me your needs and maybe I can help you out

someone helped me :wink:

so I have a debt

be safe and smoke weed

Dequili

9 Likes

I just need lights for this room Room measures 10 by 18 ish

6 Likes