New grow very large fan leaves

Hi everyone. This is my second grow and my baby’s are 5 weeks ago and they have some very large leaves and they seem to be covering up a lot of the growth under. Would you cut them off or let them grow? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I would suggest putting up some close up pics

3 Likes

I’d let them grow and develop for now - no need for training or pruning till they bigger

3 Likes

try looking up some LST techniques to help get more light penetration to those lowers shoots. using some garden wire has helped me tremendously

3 Likes

I’m no expert but if you can see a large fan leaves that are not letting the light go the lower what you will see the bud side. Make sure that no leaves, fan leaves are covered. First you can open up the pants with garden supplies for some low stress training, and you can to try to do some topping to maximize your harvest. Then you can see what is covered, clean it up. This will help with growing a better outcome. Before you run to try this do some of your own research on what I have said to do, and see if it’s true or not. If not then look for someone who can give you proof to what they are saying that you should do. Girls look good in the picture, just need your training done to them. Hope that I gave you useful advice. If not let me know so I can get better every day.

1 Like

I would let them grow for now then cut them out when it is time to defoliate. When they cover bud sites and restrict airflow during flowering you want to cut them out. Also trimming all the larger fan leaves and bud sites out on the lower 50% of the plant right before you flip the lights will allow the plant to focus its energy and nutrients on the colas.

4 Likes

Here is a closer picture

2 Likes

They look really good I wouldn’t worry about it until you top and start training

2 Likes

I don’t know much, but i would say you have time, let them grow

1 Like