New Grower Help

Hello all. I’m a new grower and need help with knowing when to harvest. My tree has been flowering for about four weeks and the pistils are starting to turn red. This is a fairly natural grow, nutrients were fed according to symptoms I googled when the plant looked poorly. It’s been on just water since December. It smells like a citrus-lime mix. Can anyone help me figure out when to cut them? My buds aren’t near as big as you guys post but I read that’s due to the nutrients(

?)Thanks a lot in advance.

8 Likes

@trinigrower You have a ways to go.
Lots of white hairs on her.
You will need a way to check trichomes when it gets closer

6 Likes

hola and welcome. with a photoperiod plant you can veg for as long as you like. this will help increase yield. as for flower, typically its a 2 month process. sometimes longer, never shorter though.

you are waiting to see fall type setting in the leaves. red hairs, lots of trichomes, and color changing leaves.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot. I’ll keep at it.

4 Likes

Hi @trinigrower

Welcome to GN. Plant is looking good for 4 weeks. Like @Slym3r and @Hydro say you still have several weeks to go.

Below is an image of what the trichomes should look like:

11 Likes

Anytime …

3 Likes

Everything looks fine from here…you are well into flower, some leaves are starting to die off which is perfectly normal. You are at least from the looks of it 2 weeks away yet when 80-100% of your pistols turn amber, and your trichomes are all cloudy with some (10%) amber is generally the time to harvest. Everybody has their favorite time…the more amber the more “couch lock lazy” type of stone, with none amber and mostly opaque white with some still clear you get more of a “head high” up stone. but usually not as strong or long lasting. and then there is everything in-between.

6 Likes

@trinigrower

Plants look great!! Great to see another new grower!! People here are great as you can see, they make us newbies pretty successful right our of the gate…lol.

Welcome and good luck with your gals!!!

5 Likes

Ultimate reaper lol sup bruh

2 Likes

Welcome @trinigrower looks good what is it?

2 Likes

Nada my freind…watching the Steelers fall apart, you?

Wow…painful to watch

3 Likes

Gonna order some seeds Bbiab :v:t2:

3 Likes

Never knew how exciting ordering SEEDS can be until I started this…:rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Don’t know the strain. We don’t have much info on different strains here yet. I know it’s local, that’s about it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!! I read that I could cut the fan leaves to get the buds more sun and air (hope that’s correct) I thought the leaves were a mold or calcium deficiency (internet again). I gave it a half and half mix of water and milk (guess where I read that). So you think I don’t have to worry about the leaves and I’m close to harvest? Most of the bud sites are turning Amber and a few of them are turning brown. Really glad to have found this forum.

4 Likes

Can u post a pic of the buds so we can see ths brown spots and a pic of the whole plant. Natural lighting or just camera flash so all correct colors show. Will help alot to see the pics

2 Likes

Hi, here are some pictures of the buds. Hope they’re good enough to determine.

3 Likes

In the first cpl pics there is a dead leaf on the bud. Pluck that leaf out so it dont start rotting anything being a dead leaf other than they r growing and look of nice color. Good job

2 Likes

Thanks. So I remove all the dying leaves? There’s quite a few more.

2 Likes

Yes i would. If u touch the leaf with slight pressure and it comes off ok if u have to do any force to get it off leave it. But if it is all brown and dead yank it. It will start to rot and nold and thats not good for the bud.

2 Likes