New grower need tips for grow room

Want to grow for my first time I’m looking to do it on the back half of my garage I’m building a room 13x7.5ft. With 9 Ft ceilings. What all will I need for this grow it has one window no a/c. I would like to grow super skunk and yield roughly 6-10lbs If it’s doable. Would rather use led lighting. If Anyone could provide help and tips I’d appreciate it!!

1 Like
  1. Get the window covered asap.
    6-10 lbs is alot, especially dry weight, for one indoor grow. This being your first grow keep it simple; don’t go for that much. 5 flowering plants max. 78 degrees is optimal. Go with soil grow too. Never used led’s.
1 Like

I’d recommend a 6000 btu mini split Heat Pump to stabilize the temp in the room if it’s insulated.

Hey there’s more to this than size of your room. You have to account for if you’re going soil or hydroponic, organic, no till, or synthetic. There’s just a lot to factor in and 6to10 pounds for your first grow isn’t a good idea. I’m not trying to discourage you it’s great you want to start taking control over your own medicine. But you need to crawl before you walk let alone run. First thing you need to do if you have zero experience in horticulture is absorb everything about growing not just YouTube actually read . Then start with 1or2 plants in soil. If you decide to grow photo thats at least 3 months. But the number one thing to know is these are living beings everything you need to live they need. I hope this help a little and I truly hope you have an amazing experience growing because its great. There’s no feeding than seeing the fruits of your labor.

5 Likes

You are in the right place to learn. Here is a few things I’ve learned.
Its all about the Lights Lights Lights. Spend a good amount on lights! These growers will help you on what exactly you need.
Your room should be airtight with vents and fans. Paint white, floor also. Clean slate.
Live soil - read up on it
PH - read up on it.
Humidity
Airflow
Temps differ from veg to flower.
Learn to read the plants
Start with small rooms as you will soon need at least 2 separate. Flower and veg… This is very addicting and you will end up with plants in different stages. Also an area to work on plants that’s easy to keep clean.
I use one pair of shoes (new) for grow room. You don’t want to bring in bugs or mold on shoes or clothes.
Make sure your rooms get totally dark!
Ask anything on GN someone is always listening!
Oh yeah just in case you missed it LIGHTS, LIGHT, LIGHTS!
Lol good ppl here.
Good Luck

7 Likes

First thing- Make sure you can seal out the light Go in the grow room at day or night and turn off all the lights - make sure no light seeps through door crack or windows- Use stick on weather seal to keep out light. This way you can assure that you can make plants blossom successfully, when you change your 18-6 hour timer to 12 12 for light. Second, make sure you have a fan that vents to the outside-- this way the room will not get too hot due to lights.Know the strsains veg and blossom weeks- sometimes they are longer than 8 and weeks other than tha do not over water and change to 0-50-30 or similar fertilizer at blossom.