New grower with problems

Hi everybody,
I’m a newbie grower, have only gone through one full grow and I’m onto my second currently vegging a few plants, half in dwc and half in a coco/soil mix. I have started noticing damage to leaves on both methods and cannot seem to figure out what is causing it. I’ve checked plants over thoroughly but cannot see any insects etc and have used insecticides on them. Any mr marijuana miyagi’s able to give me some ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

1 Like

Have you checked under the leaves, along the branches and stems, etc. With a loupe or magnifying glass? Look for brown, red, green, yellow, white, or opaque spots, sometimes single & sometimes clustered. Those are eggs or poo.

Check your soil for buggers, too.

Check everything, then check it again. Then, just to be safe, check it once more.

6 Likes

@tdubwilly @myfriendis410 @covertgrower @Bogleg @el_kabong

3 Likes

I’m totally new second time I grew 1st the cat enjoyed left one plant got an 8th out of it I’m using regular seed bought 8th for seeds.not sure of what kind thc is low but we just like the challenge anyway I have same markings can you tell me what it is can’t see the answer

1 Like

Maybe take a pic under more natural light and maybe it will show something different but that looks completely like something is eating your plant to me.

It might just be one bug like a caterpillar or something that will eat then is on the move butI would check the underside of every leaf on your plants like @blackthumbbetty said

6 Likes

Buy blue and also yellow sticky traps and put em both in each plants base and you will find out for sure if u can’t get a loop or handheld microscope

2 Likes

That’s no leaf miner I have ever seen tho

2 Likes

Grasshopper, or caterpillar is my guess… had to have been something of decent sized.

3 Likes

Or earwigs I had the exact same problem earlier in the year or possibly caterpillars

1 Like

With Caterpillar I could find them with the earwig they cant be found until dark DE killed em off

1 Like

I’m sure we can help sort it out.

3 Likes

In the first couple of pictures it looks like your bottom leaves were cut or ripped off half way, so they’re flat instead of pointed. Have the plants been moved around recently? Any chance the leaves could have been crunched or ripped or damaged? I’ve had leaf damage like that after transporting plants.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen any caterpillars or grasshoppers around we are at the end of winter here so I’m not sure

2 Likes

My pictures or the one that the random dude posted?

Sorry, it was the other guy I was commenting on.

Yours definitely looks like bites from a large bug.

4 Likes

Looks like bugs to me I’m new and am on my first flower about to harvest but it looks like bugs

2 Likes

Yea I figured it had to be bugs I’m just struggling to figure out what exactly. Could it be moths? Cultivation is completely prohibited here so it’s not something I can go to a local store and ask about. Most products on the market targeted at cannabis are not available in New Zealand and when they get found in customs it leads them straight to the door. I have thoroughly checked through the plants in that room multiple times over today and I’m yet to see anything. Maybe something hiding in a small crack somewhere so I will check tonight when they are in their dark period.

3 Likes

Bugs for sure, look very close on the leaves, look for tiny little bubbles, if you see those, it’s for sure bugs on the underside of the leaf so inspection must be done thoroughly, I agree with the big bug bites

1 Like

Put pics up it’s inside grow using flushed miracle grow use succulent plant food 18/6 lighting . I was thinking spider mites. Not sure they have been inside for the last 2 months second topping I’m proud of them and need some help.

I can’t tell from your pics, very blurry, maybe someone else can see better, but you also have some holes so I suspect a leaf muncher of some sort

I agree with @devjyarn, it looks like some were ripped or cut