New here First and Second try at growing bud

8 Likes

Hi @inthewoods!

Pretty babies you got there! :wink:

They look healthy enought to me.

4 Likes

1st Grow using miracle grow soil(yellow light)
2nd grow using TLO 2.2 OMRI Approved

3 Likes

I’m a beginner… You’ll have to explain to me what TLO 2.2 OMR is…? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Check out a book called
True Living Organics(TLO)
If you want to grow all natural in dirt without using liquid nutrients that cost a fortune try growing using the TLO style. I’ve invested a bit into dry products but they can be recycled and used over and over again. Simply water with water only! And that is it, no messing with PH

2 Likes

There’s a couple of other threads I’ve seen on living soils. You should check them out.

I’ll look the book up. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the miracle grow soil also a living soil?

1 Like

Negative, it is not 100% organic, also I used a few nutrients at the beginning that I thought were all natural but actually were not so if your gonna go the 100% all natural route make sure you understand that just because it looks all natural it’s probably not. I always read the ingredients now and look up a lot of stuff on google before I try anything new. I don’t want any chemicals in my medicine!

4 Likes

I’m too knew too growing to decide to go all natural. I’m just trying to learn as much as I can from all the experienced growers here. :smiley:

2 Likes

Best advice anyone every told me is that there is plenty of nutrients in the dirt to grow a plant from start to finish! You just have to have quality soil, and water. If you just want to go as simple as possible then I would just buy miracle grow and just water when needed, I bet they would grow just fine. Try it out some time, do a side by side comparison

3 Likes

Nice grow, welcome. I am new here also. Your plants looks very healthy and trained well.

2 Likes

I will do so, but in the future. Now I’ve a fine stockpile of nutes to use. I’ll search for the miracle grow when I begin to run out of them, instead of buying more. I am really curious.

1 Like

Very nice inthewoods,
A great example not to over and force feed by shooving chemicals down your plants throat.
Read the plants and give them what they need.
I don’t pH the water either because it does nothing except consume my time.
The medium in this case controls the pH.
Chemicals will build up in the medium and act as lime and drive the pH up over time and lockout super important micros like mang, mag, iron, and decrease uptake N P.
A compost tea can really get these going.
Finish well.
Kyle M

3 Likes

I just used a tea two days ago. I’ll transplant into 10 gallon pots and add some spikes next week

2 Likes

Have u heard of comfrey tea it’s free and works, it’s just a bunch of weeds in water basically.great for bush growers and best of all it’s free;)

2 Likes

Never heard of it, are you saying to brew the green parts of weeds or the root structures with the dirt in it?

2 Likes

I don’t think u brew it like compost tea you steep it instead ,and it’s the green tissue u use but there’s certin weeds to use.give it a Google the weeds used are everywhere;)

2 Likes

18 days since I transplanted from 1 gallon to 3 gallon pots, I think the roots are happy in their TLO soil!!! Moved them into 10gal bags after seeing that

1 Like