New tent set up

5 Likes

The big leafed one is called Goji crasher. It has massive sized fan leaves!

Cant wait to top an clone these strains! Im about to reset 3 tents Uggg what a P.I.A! 2 are pollen filled! And thats easily 10hrs of work breaking down the tents and cleaning and steralizing all the equipment

3 Likes

Oh and these plants were grown with a 41 watt led at seedling stage.

Then this cheap led light…i call it the circus light! It makes me laugh because i have some high end equipment and this light rocks the veg cycle. I also veg with the the agroled full spec t5 tubes. Im even testing a crappy 6500k fluorescent. I have new leds for the fixture…but for fun i thought id try the lights it came with. I like the crappy light so much i got 2 of them. Plants can get 2-3 inches from the light and dont burn. Any closer or touching then it burns the plants. If you look at some of my pics here and there youll see the burned parts. I let the plants hit the light a lot because they grow to fast some times. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Prey I don’t care what anyone says, these Durolux lights kick ass. I have three of the 5000k in my 5x5 tent, and they cover it about as even as anyone could hope for. And they GROW a great crop period. I used them on my last grow when I got sick and couldn’t finish that grow, so my plants died cause I couldn’t care for them and just shut everything off. But this grow is a week away from finish on one plant a little longer on the others and it is flat kicking ass. Now I do have the Rapid LED far red/photo red x2 running in there but only during the flower and they are only 30w each. The Durolux were down to only $78 each a month ago so I am running three of them at $78 for a total of only $234 in main lighting. The two Rapid LED bars cost more than that. Where in the world did you find the Durolux fixtures for $46.99 ?? Is that Amazon? Anyway, I was thinking about getting a new fancy light, but after this grow, no way am I spending a thousand dollars on bells and whistles when these simple inexpensive lights do this well.

I feel your pain on the chimmey liner lol…used to do that for a living, complete installs on HVAC. And repair too. That was my least favorite part.

Marty

1 Like

Durolux has a store on amazon. These used to be like $100 iirc? @sssportsmfg
I just checked on price i paid before wow!

1 Like

Yep you are right, they used to be more than they are now. When I got my first one about 2 years ago, the 5000k ones were $110 each, I got two of them for side lighting and hung them vertically and was using a SF 4000 for the main light. Then I dedided just for grins to try those two for the main lighting in my 3x5 tent, and they did fantastic, never even put up the SF 4000. But like I said lost that grow. So I decided to get one more of them and run them in this new tent I got. Being that they are 4’ long they only don’t cover directly 6" on each end of them in my 5x5 tent so the light coverage is fantastic. When I used the spider farmer the sides of my 3x5 tent only grew tiny little popcorn buds, these lights are growing buds 5 times bigger on the sides of the tent. Here is some of the buds right on the side of the new tent under these cheap (inexpensive) lights. For someone buying a 4x4 tent and with a low budget, I would absolutely reccommend two of these light without hesitation. Wall to wall light.

Here is a pic of the buds on the side of the tent. As you can see the leaves are touching the sides of the tent, this is each side exactly opposite of each other. These buds aren’t huge but they are 4-5" long just the solid top part. Not shabby at all.

Fantastic bargain in lights.

Marty

6 Likes

That is nnniiiccceee

5 Likes

So i installed the new light for this new tent.

I have it set on 24/7 lighting at 40% power.
It almost doesnt fit. The tent o.d. is 47" but there are 2 center support poles and they take up an inch on each side. the light is 47 3/4" its a tight fit, but barely works in there. Length of this unit is nice also and this is why i went with the xr pro model. Because it fits this 4’x 10’ nicely.

6 Likes

So it’s longer in one direction? I see it hitting the poles on the 48” direction how long is it?

Nice! What brand don’t you have lol?

Marty

2 Likes

Yeah shes a bit fat for the tent! I did not account for the poles when i looked at the dimensions online. But i measured it and i was like nah it will fit
Fine! and then there was center support poles :man_facepalming:
But tents have typically an extra inch or two for getting the tent on the frame. So it zips up just fine. I forced a few tents into some weird places. Ive got one that the poles bent in the closet.

2 Likes

Nice. I love the T-5’s for veg. You’re killing it Preybird!! I find myself running out of room also and will be upgrading to 8x8’s.

2 Likes

If it was anything like the last tent I bought. The picture doesn’t show a center pole. I feel you man on putting it together and seeing a damn center pole. I don’t know why but they piss me off in the tents haha.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words. I got a new light from growers house for my other nursery and it doesnt fit also because the poles again! So i jist leave it unzipped on the bottom. Because its in a closed off room anyways.

This is my main nursey tent.

2nd nursery tent.
I have a 3rd nursery tent but i cant find a pic.
@sssportsmfg
I have a few lights. I think i dont have spider farmer or mars hydro. They just do not impress me whatsoever.

4 Likes

You gonna get me in trouble…just looked at the dimensions online that would fit my 5x5 tent PERFECT lol. 59”x49”…not gonna spend any money…not gonna spend any money!

Marty

4 Likes

Yeah it fits this 8x4 and the end part is 24" more for the nursery part so it could be a 10’ x 4’ x 8’

3 Likes

Here is the end part of this tent. It makes a great nursery!

6 Likes

That looks so clean and organized. :no_mouth: Very nice.

3 Likes

I hear the door open thing, when I had my 3x5 tent the 3 foot side would be overgrown everything smashed up against the door, so I would just leave it open and get outta dodge when the lights went out. My computer room is in the coal room with my grow tent. So when it was lights out it was computer out too. But I will say this, with the new 5x5 tent with the door closed the buds are a lot bigger with the light being bounced back onto the other side of the buds in compairison to having the door open on the old one.

I’m not sure why you don’t like the SF lights, they use the same exact drivers and LED’t that everyone else uses. They also now have the bar style lights for better distribution of light, but they don’t have all the bells and whistles, sunrise/sunset at this poing just a dimmer far as I know. I did some research and the B versus the H on the 301 diodes is not all that much. Plus I have never seen any data on if the sunrise/sunset has any effect at all on a grow.

Marty

4 Likes

I dont have any experience with SF lights. They just never stood out to me. Its like picking out a puppy for me…some things stick out and say here buy me! Some things i see and im like mehh not impressed. Not including any research in my decisions. I get a few choices of brands and things that i liked and i saw others using them and then i compare them. But to be totally honest i got my cheaper lights because of others here using them and me watching them use the lights having good results and then saying well shit if its working for them then ill try it also! I like to build things try them out and get opinions from other experienced growers because the info is invaluable. And nowhere else can i talk to others about these subjects. There is No egos just sponges absorbing info and putting it into practice. Thats why this community here is important. We all learn together and help each other figure it all out and what works best for our budgets and gardens! :+1:

3 Likes

Okay 1st time I ever seen this thread… With a quick once over - not a single comment on the fucking orange shag rug or wood paneling YO!!! I want the rug when you pull it out!! LoL I think that you gave me the most bomb idea of any stoned thinktank ever. Picture this - my man cave with my arcade games n table set in throwback 1970 shag carpet, wood panel wall, velvet curtains complete with orange globe TV.

3 Likes