New to indoor

Husband wife team in fl. First indoor. Played around in foolish youth days and ended up leaving state when 39 indica plants were discovered in backyard. Turns out they needed a warrant to enter backyard so luckily skated. Not scared anymore more lax attitude by all citizenry. Anyway we are chronic and that can become spendy and we have a small circle of friends we caregive. Bartenders for concerts and events and we figure we are unemployed for some time. I felt blessed to discover this forum especially when I read posts and pics. We need a mentor and apparently we happened upon many master growers… We will appreciate any help that can be shared. In fact I have many concerning set up. Have a few choices

9 Likes

Welcome @lvweed! Your in the right place. You’ll have access to lots of mentors and very knowledgeable growers! Just start firing away questions and we’ll all help out as much as we possibly can. Lots of research is the best place to start. The more you know the better off you’ll be. :v:

7 Likes

High @lvweed and welcome!

If you haven’t done so already, you should go thru this

and

Of course you can always ask questions also :wink:

9 Likes

@lvweed. Welcome to GN. :+1:
Lots of Good folks and good info.
Read some of the journals to get an idea of how the other growers do things.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your set up and grow. :v:

9 Likes

Really have done due diligence. But choices are giving me anxiety from stressing it. First, I have a room 11 x11 that I can board up windows and use. My worry is that old house,no central ac. Leather gets moldy in closets. If I put ac in boarded up window then light can enter. Other option is 2 4x8 tents. Next belive led is best. I may have a deal to get 4 to 6 illumitex 300 for 300 a piece. Figure 2 in each tent or 6 in room. But then spider farm has the 2000 for 319 new. Illumitex used. Lastly we are both very handy and wonder with a little bit of research would we be better off getting all the minor controls, meters,duct on our own than trying a kit program. One more if you plan on doing this until you are successful is the gorilla tent worth the money?

9 Likes

did the basic course and will do advanced.

8 Likes

Welcome to the GN Family @lvweed
Hope you learn as much as we do here.

Happy Growing :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

I’d highly suggest going with tent’s @lvweed. It’s so much easier to control your plants environment that way. I pieced my system together instead of buying any kits. It was cheaper for myself to go that route. The Gorilla tent’s are nice because of their height and adjustability. One day I’ll upgrade my flower tent to one, but went with the Mars Hydro 2’x4’x70" because of my budget and space restrictions at the time. :v:

8 Likes

I agree with using tents, if you have the money gorilla tent’s are nice, I personally think they are overpriced, but then again I think everything is overpriced :wink:

I spent $50 on my tent, I will soon by another one for veg, although the price went up $14 dollars and are currently out of stock.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ktaxon-36-x-36-x72-Reflective-600D-Mylar-Hydroponic-Grow-Tent-for-Indoor-Plant-Growing-with-Removable-Floor-Tray/330453734

Yeppers, wallyworld :slight_smile:

8 Likes

@lvweed I use vivosun grow tents 48"x48"×80 and I love it! Ran me around $115

7 Likes

If you can’t use tent then paint room flat white. AC… Use black poster board or paper to get a real good seal around it.
Have room divided for veg and bloom. Fans are very important! Keep air moving.

6 Likes

Yup flat white is 92-97% reflective and easier to throw a fresh coat of paint on the. Replace ur mylar or Clean For that fact. I’m a big fan of the big room. Can’t imagine not being able to walk in my room to work plants from all angles

8 Likes

Out of all the tents I’ve owned and seen, I love vivosun the best! They are very well made and affordable too.

6 Likes

Seal and peel is a great sealeant that u can remove later it’s like silicone .spray inside the AC units air out w flat black paint and u will get the light leak coming thru the unit on most makes I have ever used.if need be get a 2 hoze in room unit and spray hoses with flat black paint .

5 Likes

Welcome @lvweed! I’m sure you will find some great advice on this forum. I learn at least one thing new a day.

5 Likes

Welcome to your new obsession! Good folks on here to offer plenty of advice.

5 Likes

I also have 2x 48"x48"x80" vivosun tents. So far very good and work well.

4 Likes

You are still going to have to do something about ventilation to/from the tents. Also some form of humidifier based on your statement about mold in closets.

Edit: De-humidifer for mold. Must have been auto corrected.

2 Likes