Newb Intro

Hey there. My names Sway. I’m new to growing all together. Ive tried in the past and my plants sprout, get about 3" tall, and just wilt over n die. I fortunately got lucky this year and am growing 2 successful plants from seeds. Unfortunately one of them has turned hermaphrodite on me and I was forced to put it outside. I have several questions about indoor growing. I wanna get technical about. My current growing situation consists of my plant sitting in a window getting natural light, its planted in soil I gathered from the river bottoms here in SE Missouri, and it gets watered with well water from an underground spring every 3-5 days. My plant I have indoors is beggining to flower and I’m so excited. Shes beautiful. And was grown from one of the smallest seeds ive ever seen. Lol. Anyways…i hope to learn alot from fellow hobbyist growers. Have a splendiferous n stonerific night yall

8 Likes

Window sil is not enough light. You will get smaller buds. Unless its direct sunlight :relieved:
But she is doing pretty well. Good job and welcome to the forum @swayla

3 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome. She gets morning sunlight which my dad always told me is some of the best sun for just about any plant. I’m basically just winging it lol @PreyBird1

2 Likes

Anytime. Some of my first grows were outdoors in 1996. Great times. If ya need any help let us know. Im a perma cloner and i dabble in breeding.

1 Like

Sweet thanks. I’m super intereated in breeding and possibly creating my own badass mind blowing strain one day. I actually do have a couple questions for ya lol :sweat_smile: in ur own personal opinion what r some of the best grow lights? And what type of soil do u prefer to grow in? I actually looking at lights right now online. Have seen several but I’m not sure what type to get. I only wanna have a few plants inside. Nothing major. Personal use if u will.

1 Like

If your a beginner. Foxfarm Happyfrog. But i prefer promix HP+ or Tupur. Or coco. All 3 of these are not soil. But mimic soil. Like hybrid of soil and hydroponic.
What lights are you thinking of getting? Lets see what your thinking of and we can help you get the correct one and keep you from getting robbed on amazon or the like.

There are super cheap lights on Amazon if u just need one so u can keep it inside there some for like $60 but I say the best on there is the spider farmer for its price and what it’s capable of

1 Like

lets stay away from cheap. Were recreating the sun not lights that make stringy buds. Spider farmer is not a bad choice at all It’s economic and works. Lot of people here are using it.

3 Likes

From some of the articles I have read, it seems that seedlings tend to do good with flourescent light bulbs. That’s what I’ll probably do for my newly sprouted babies. Now for the bigger ones ive read blue LED treats plants in the veg stage pretty decently. I’m also looking into HPS lights for the flowering stage. Those r just my thoughts after doing some intense reading tonight

I agree with not going the cheap route. I’m definitely looking for a good deal but dont want a light thats gonna screw my grows up

1 Like

Welcome to the hood…

1 Like

Did you try looking at any grow kits?

1 Like

I have not. Honestly didnt even know they existed lol. I for sure will now look into it. Thanks :smiley:

Welcome to the forum @swayla!
You will find this place very helpful.
@PreyBird1 knows his stuff! His advice is stellar! There are plenty others here knowledgeable as well.
You were asking about soil…I use "Roots organic " by Aroura. I like using soil.
Happy growing!:green_heart:

1 Like

Welcome home, first is your plants in the picture is doing what is called stretching for more light and did you get to test the soil from the river? 20 dollars and change, get the 2 pack of what is used to make sure that your girls don’t get to drunk, aka ph meter and a 3 in 1 meter for EC ,WATER TEMPERATURE, TDS= TOTAL DISSOLVE SOLIDS IF YOU WANT TO GET BETTER EVERY HARVEST MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING FROM A to Z .IT WILL ALSO TELL YOU WHAT YOUR doing right or wrong. If you want a good cheat app download the app called CROPS and you will be on your way to growing your own :fire::fire::seedling::seedling::speaking_head::speaking_head::speaking_head::sunglasses: Give me a message if you think that what I have shared with you is right or not to knowledgeable in this industry. It’s like a hi to me when I feel the ora of my seizure disorder I’ll smoke some Flower that I came up with and I have been seizure free for 13 months and a few days. Remember download the app Crops and keep your location on your phone OFF WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR PICTURES. NO ONE HAS TO KNOW WHAT YOUR BUSINESS IS. HOPE THAT I WAS ABLE TO GIVE YOU SOME ADVICE FOR A BETTER GROW.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice and warm welcome dude. Much appreciated. And no i didnt test the soil. I’m basically just winging it lol. I was up until 4 my time reading article after article on indoor growing n what not. I pretty much just learned the basics to growing pot last night haha. Weeds been a life saver to me and I would love to be able to supply myself. I eventually want to breed and make my own personalized strains specifically for mood stabilizers and severe anxiety.

Check out these complete kits here. This is the best place. Grow Tent Kits, Indoor Grow Room Packages

Checking them out now. How much space would I need for about 4 plants?

3x3 or 4x4… depends on how long you veg…

That’s the stage before flowering correct?

1 Like