Newb questions

So ive taken the time and thought about some questions to ask. I actually have a shit ton haha. But I’m only gonna go 3 deep this topic.

1. Why specific wattage for lights and what’s the best for each stage?
  2. Can I put sativas and indicas in the same tent?
  3. What’s the best type of soil and planter to grow in?

I know everyones answers are going to vary on opinion and results. Ive got open ears and a notepad and pen handy to take notes. Bring it on y’all. I’m ready to learn.

3 Likes

Do what you feel is right for you and just start doing it no more researching learn by doing … I’ve found promix is easy to grow in with my soil nutes by general organics but thinking about trying Humboldt Secret… you are probably better off in with soil for now… as far as lights just buy from. A trusted manufacturer growers house…hlg… spider farm and Mars will do justice

4 Likes

Awesome. Thanks bruh! I may just buy a shit ton of seeds and experiment until I like my results. 🤷

2 Likes

:call_me_hand:way I learned lol…people here will support you just keep updated and tag us in… @scotty17 @PreyBird1 @Ladithief @Packee @bobette @districtflora @docdre @shmodyshmott @ anyone else i forgot

6 Likes

:smiley::sunglasses::v::hugs: I’ll keep them in mind for sure. Ur not the first to mention some of those names.

4 Likes

Hey @scotty17!
@swayla I grow both indica and sativa plants in the same room, no problems. I don’t do tents. My indoor lights are HPS .
I do have some LEDS , but don’t like them. My LED don’t have enough white light. But HPS is very expensive to run.
I use only soil. "Roots Organic " by Aurora Farm girl…I like dirt…:green_heart: hope that helps some.

4 Likes

I’m for sure gonna do soil. Hydro as a newb just wouldnt flow right in my opinion. I got a friend who is a newb and she started off the bat in hydro. After reading up on things and seeing her results…shes doing everything wrong. Lol. Tent wide open n not shut. No ventilation system. No hygrometers. And her plants have an AC unit and fan just blasting on them 24/7. Her lights damn near touch her canopy. Shes been in the flowering stage now for almost 6 weeks and her buds r itsy bitsy. Ive pretty much got a classroom before my eyes with her.

2 Likes

what spectrum are you using for the LEDS? Love my LEDS lol just dont fully understand them yet ha

1 Like

arent the hps lights spendy when it comes to your electric bill?

@bobette look last of the Bubba :wink: soooooooo good

5 Likes

Looks tasty af bruh!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I started out with a 4X4, cheap AMZN led light and fox farm ocean forest floor for soil. To amend, I use earth juice. Later I ordered a bigger LED light, then finally upgraded to a spider farmer LED light. I love it. I have an interchangeable MH/HPS light, but don’t have a vent out of my grow area, so it reached 90* when I used it. Today i ordered another Mars Hydro 4X4 tent, AC Infinity duct fan with temp controller and going to try my hand at Coir/perlite organic running. This has been a 2 year process and has been a great learning experience so far. If you don’t have the funds to jump on all the upper priced gear, go cheaper and work your way up like I have.

1 Like

Also, if you want to learn the pain of a trimming process, grow girl scout cookies. I can’t explain why, but it took me about 4X the amount of time to trim than the other strains I have grown.

3 Likes

I legit have no choice but to take it slow. My budget kinda sucks. It’ll be next year sometimw before I’m completely set up. Until then I’ll keep experimenting. Its gonna be awesome sauce once I find my perfect enviroment. I seriously can’t wait.

About trimming…should u trim in the flowering stage? Ole girl that has the hydro set up instructed me to trim…ALOT…even during flowering. Ive read up on it and trimming seems to be unhealthy for the flowering stage. I’m wondering if thats why my girl in the flowering stage tripped n grew nuts.

It has been a trip and so much fun. A great addiction and you constantly see things like, “wow, that would be awesome to have in my grow room”. I don’t know what’s taboo here, but if you want to watch someone grow, check out Canucks(sp) grow on youtube. He’s pretty entertaining to watch and he’s a good grower.

1 Like

On a side note…im bout to smash on this mac and do that thing called sleep. G’nite y’all

I’ll check it out fr. I got lots of room in this brain for more knowledge.

I haven’t hit any issues with trimming the girls up in flower, but I only do the under brush. Just stuff that the light wont hit and to thin the plant up so that there’s better air flow through it. It’s my fourth grow and I am getting better at what is okay to trim and what not. It’s something you will have to learn. I was really nervous when I started, but just learned as much as possible and went with it. I am still quite a newb, so take everything with a grain of salt. There are so many pros on here that can point you in the right direction a lot better than I can. You should of seen the fear and uncertainty on my face during my first grow. After a couple of grows, you will become confident in your actions. You will, most likely, mess up somewhere and learn from your mistakes. Practice makes perfect.

3 Likes

Night Sway, can’t wait to see your grows come together on here.

2 Likes