Newbie Doobie's do's and don'ts

Some of you already know me. My name is Newbie I’m from southeast United States. I will begin my very first journal here with you guys. I’m off to a late start so far, 5 weeks in veg on two photos. I am using the AC Infinity cloudlab 2x2 grow tent with HLG 135kit. Exhausted with a 4 inch 190cfm fan to a nearby window. And the story begins…

17 Likes

Cool I’ll be watching…:face_with_monocle: :eye:

6 Likes

Thanks happy man! I can probably pick your brain for advice in the near future

1 Like

Welcome to the rabbit hole of growing.
Great place with great growing people.
I am in a 2x2 also, but have only done Auto’s for my first year.
Going to try my first photo with a couple Auto’s this Summer.
BTW my 2x2 is the MarsHdro TS1000 Kit.
Looking forward to your grow

5 Likes

So glad ur taking the plunge into the world of growing. Any signs of any problems we are all here to help. Best of luck and I will be following ur grow

4 Likes

Hi Newbie. Good luck with the grow and we are all here rooting for you. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

3 Likes

Welcome I’m fairly new myself lot of real good people on here I might not be to helpful yet but I’ll share what I can

1 Like

So this isn’t exactly my first rodeo…I’ve had a few semi-successful grows but this is the first time journaling. I may be worse at journals than growing :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Germination method: sowed directly to soil in a 1.25qt nursery pot
Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest
At week 3.5 of veg transplanted into 3gal pot and one is slightly under 3 gal. We’ll say 2.5
Now nearing the end of week 6. Currently running lights on 18/6 will be flipping to 12/12 around week 7or8 depending on how long they take to get straightened out. So far not giving any nutrients. I timed my transplant a little late to get the most out of my “hot” soil. Last week PPM still around 1300. I will start flower boosters at light flip

1 Like

And now I tag some friends…
@LoCoRocK
@tenga
@mudman
@MrBlue
@cww03

1 Like

About damn time for a journal newbster… Hamster (lol) said it best - take the blue pill and see how far the rabbit holes * really* goes …
That tent is 2’ tall? Man that doesn’t give ya much light room does it. Training is an absolute must of say. Stick to them short and squat indicas and hybrids I guess…

1 Like

@Arrow
@oldguy
@kapouic
@dman1969
@PreyBird1

4 Likes

Its 4ft tall…its from the new AC Infinity line. For the price point I guess it’s not too bad but I was expecting better quality. Almost all of the stitching has pin holes I’m working on covering up. The thickness of the canvas material and the metal tube framing is the only plus I’ve seen compared to my old vivosun tent

1 Like

I still feel like I might run into height issues so I am trying to keep them reallly low…I move and real-time branches everyday now. I think I may try to put in a net

Pinholes??? Seriously - as in light can penetrate small? No way…they’d never sell any man. You’ve spoke to them? That is :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: <— he’s uncool btw. LoL

2 Likes

@newbiegrower251 hey try and hang your humidity sensor at the canopy level. And not on the floor. There is a 7 degree temp difference from the floor to the ceiling. And we want to know whats happening in the canopy and not the floor because the root ball is at 69-70 degrees.

3 Likes

Absolutely…its like the needle was bigger than the thread they used. I have contacted them but the only problem is I cant get it to show up on cam the way I see it with my eyes. They sent out a replacement canvas I haven’t installed because I’m sure it’s the same way

2 Likes

Good eye prey didn’t even think about it. I’ll get it hung to canopy level

1 Like

Some one needs to shine white light through the holes as you sit outside of the tent take the pic.

2 Likes