Newbie here

Brand new here so thought I’d introduce myself. I grow with my cultivation permit here in Missouri. I’ve done a couple of grows thus far, but learned very fast reading through some threads and looking at pictures posted, etc how much I don’t know. Very much looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone. I apologize in advance that technology and I don’t get along very well.

10 Likes

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your grow. Lots of helpful people around here.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @dunbar! Sounds like your in the right place now.

4 Likes

If the pictures work, these are northern light auto. The seeds came from. Nirvana seed bank. I used fox farms Happy Frog soil, and techna flora recipe for success nutrients.

7 Likes

Plants look awesome.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Growers Network. To best utilize the site fill out this short questionnaire. This will ensure everyone will have the same info to make the best calls when helping you. Its also cool to go back later and have something to gauge your changes to.

Seedbank:
Strain (bagseed too):
Indoor, outdoor:
Tent, Room Size:
Lighting:
Light height:
Temps (day and night):
Relative Humidity (day and night) :
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) :
Ventilation:
Pot sizes:
Nutrient type:
Ph numbers:
Ec and PPM:
Water Temps:
Co2:

Seed germination date:
Veg duration:
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water):

This will provide many more topics to discuss in your Thread/Room. You keep all your info in the one place. Every time you post in your thread, it goes to the top of the pile and you get more interactions.

1 Like

Yep pics working nice plants. What light is that?

3 Likes

@preybird1

It’s the gavita 1700. I also have a Mars hydro 1000 on the other side to use for veg when needed. I’m growing in a 12 x 6 room so I have some space. As I stated I seem to have zero knowledge from what I’ve seen. Not even sure I’m utilizing my space well.

4 Likes

@dunbar welcome !!

Yeah I’d go with “advanced newbie” by the looks of things bud …dang!!

Whatever it is you dont know, I can’t imagine it would be much with that result. Fine tuning at best…bravo!!!..:v:

2 Likes

@OltimeGrower

I really appreciate that! Looking through this site can be a bit overwhelming when it comes to talent. I really have just followed the instructions when it comes to fertilizing, and hoped for the best. Very excited to learn from everyone!

4 Likes

Well when you get a chance, fill out @Slym3r post above and let some folks help dial you in. You can private message poeple by touching their avatar icon and select message. Us newbs get alot of help from the great poeple on the site. But it can be a bit much to swallow because there are so many ways to grow and products to use. When something starts to click (like what you have here) then tuning may be all you need. The more information folks have from you, the better they can help you bro

Looking forward to it…:eye:

2 Likes

Seedbank: Nirvana
Strain (bagseed too): Northern Light
Indoor, outdoor: indoor
Tent, Room Size: 12 x 6 room. 7 1/4ft ceiling?
Lighting: Mars hydro 1000 veg, Gavita 1700 flower
Light height:about 20 inches
Temps (day and night): about 72 day, depending on general weather in winter, unsure on night
Relative Humidity (day and night) : day it sits about 51, 52% unsure on night
Added Air (fans, portable acs, heaters, dehumidifiers) : box fan to help draw air in and a normal oscillating fan
Ventilation: 6in blower with carbon filter, runs hour on, 30 min off 24/7
Pot sizes: mostly 5 gallon, unsure of standard
Nutrient type: Techna-flora recipe for success kit
Ph numbers: always stay between 5.5 and 6.5, but never attempted to focus on a specific pH aside from in those perimeters
Ec and PPM: have a meter, no clue what it is or means?
Water Temps: tap water, have never measured
Co2: no? Zero knowledge

Seed germination date: had cracked in papertowel and in soil January 30th 2021
Veg duration: about 4 weeks but not certain the exact day
Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water): feed, water, water

This is the chart I follow to fertilize.

2 Likes

There you go!!
Ok so your PPM shows you how many parts per million your soil has. To check you PPM you can do it at run off during feeding cycle or like I do, a sample slurry. One third soil sample from your pots, two third water, mix and let settle ten minutes. Use your meter and write that number down. Now mix your nutes, check with PPM meter and add that number to your slurry number. This tells how much food you’re giving it and what she has already, so total PPM. Check your chart, most people like 1200 1300 PPM or more for flowering and about 800 -1000 for Veg. You can start dialing her feed in. Next thing you need is a good VFD chart for max transporation of those nutes (temp to RH ratio). I dont use these nutrients but from the looks of it, they do the job. If the leaf tips start getting white, back off PPM, too much nutrient. The edge is where you want to be dor max growth. Thd bigger the pot, the bigger the plant. Do a bunch of searching here on the site too…

Well get there… :trophy::trophy::trophy:

3 Likes

Water temps :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Welcome dunbar to Gn :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

3 Likes

@oltimegrower @dunbar heres a good chart to follow. This the one i use.

3 Likes

Too funny @PreyBird1 that’s the ones that’s on my wall too bro…Ha!.

2 Likes

If you stay consistent and in the zone. The plants grow so well.

3 Likes

As a newbie to this too…VFD is one of those holey grail set points I try to stay on almost to the number. That and PPM’s …top two for me. Flat out amazing results and fast

3 Likes

Thank you everyone so much. I will continue to search the site and take notes in attempts to not ask the same shit over and over. I will also do research on PPM. What’s the ideal water temp to water?

I see the courses on here. Will that help with the basic knowledge of ppm, nutrients, etc?

3 Likes