Newbie who needs some help

Alright lads, I’ve recently started germinating X2 Critical Orange Punch autos and X1 purple punch auto using the paper towel method once the taproots have sprouted should I move them into a Rockwool cube that’s been soaked with PH 5.5 water cover the top and then soak again and put into a humidity dome or should I put them into my Wilma system with the hydroton pellets? And just keep it warm and moist until the first set of leaves come through and then move the light down? This is my first grow I’m growing with drip irrigation system

6 Likes

Have seen people say autos should be put straight into there final growing medium?

7 Likes

Quickly, off the top of my head… I would say you would do well to pick these guys brains : @devjyarn, @Tygrow78 and @deusoboy420

I wish you plenty of success! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

Appreciate you always tagging them in my posts mate I’m sure there sick of helping me😂 absolutely love this group and the people in it I’m glad I found this group

6 Likes

As long as we are patient, I found that everybody on this site likes to help when they have the time. And nobody complained to me because I tagged them yet! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

@UK420GROW. Personally I’d put them into your humidity dome for the first little bit.
And keep the ph of your blocks closer to 6.0
You could put them into your drip system right away but larger environment to control in the tent than the dome. :wink::+1::v:

5 Likes

This is because once germination is started they are on the clock.
They are going to finish in so many weeks regardless of wether they got a chance to get big or not.
Any delays in growth will affect the final yield.
Fewer transplants = fewer chances for delays.

5 Likes

@oldguy I get you mate so I’ll keep them in my humidity dome for a few more days and keep watering them with PH 6.0 water until it’s first set of true leaves appear? Then transplant to my Wilma?

5 Likes

@UK420GROW. Yes.And yes. Sounds good :+1:
Good growing. :wink::v:

5 Likes

Appreciate it buddy thank you very much, I will start to post on my journal soon when I’m all up and running :green_heart:

5 Likes

You can never tag me too much or ask too many questions @UK420GROW. I’m more than happy to help anyone out with their grow. That’s what we’re here for. We’re a friendly community of growers looking out for one another. Like @kapouic said, we always respond, but sometimes it might take a few. :v:

4 Likes

Sometimes I transplant auto’s, sometimes I don’t, if you do, it’s all about timing, if you do, use the red solo cups and slit the sides, make holes on the bottom before you plant the auto, that way when it’s time to transplant it will be smooth and shockless.

You just peel the sides of the cup like a banana (I do this for photo’s also) and insert into new medium.

3 Likes

Hey I hear y’all refer to Wilmas alot; are they basically like Autopots? Ie a single rez and 4, 6 or 8 pots bottom/gravity fed via 1/4 inch hose? If so, is the float valve in the Wilma as big of a piece of shit at the one in Autopots? I worked on an upgraded float valve for it for a good while until I sorta migrated away from a strictly AP model so my float valve could be different…but if Wilmas are like APs then I now fully understand your questions about how soon to transplant into the medium from seed germination.

If that is the issue (and if not. pls ignore) I dealt with that or at least mitigated the problem by using 1 inch wide by 18 inch long strips of capillary mat. When packing the soil mix into the AP I would stick two of these in each pot, making sure to keep them straight so they were always straight up and down from the bottom of the pot where the water came in to the top of the soilmix. Then I would plant my tender young things right there and they had an express lane to the food and water until their roots developed more…I have many photos if anyone cares…

OK this isn’t an Autopot but its the same principle and once I discovered how well it worked I use it everywhere I need to connect tender root systems to “distant” food and water supplies…hell I even hacked my 6 inch netpots to use them for DWC to get the roots jump-started into the water below…

4 Likes