Newbie with issues and seeking knowledge

So I’ll start from the beginning. Ordered some wedding cake seeds from seedking back on 5/31. Received them on 6/19. Threw 4 in a small glass with ozarka spring water. Left for about 14 hours. I tapped them and they dropped. Planted into small pots. Used strictly foxfarm happy frog. Within 24 hours they started to come out of the soil. I’m thinking everything is good. Initially I only used a shotglass worth of the ozarka water to water these after planting. I would use a syringe everyday that is no more than 3 ml to feed them daily as the tops of the soil and a knuckles worth were dry. Probably more but I didn’t want to keep digging down. 1 grew up and didn’t lose it’s helmet. I did some research and noticed I should try to get this off ASAP. So I did and it’s growth has been stunted since. Anyhow I let these go for about 9 days and got the wise idea to move these into 1 gallon pots instead of the small pots that they were in that didn’t have great air circulation. Boy was that a mess. Little root structure and with the soil being somewhat dry it started to crumble away and fall apart. I got the plants moved though and some pretty much fell over so I used the soil to support them. Up until about 3 days ago I switched to tap water that had been sitting in a 5 gallon bucket with 2 airstones running. I tried using the PHDown from GH to get the PH in line as I was getting an 8.3 on my initial reading. I would get the PH down to a 6.5 and come back 30 minutes later only to have it rise back up to over 8. I decided to dump the water from the 5 gallon bucket which only had about 1.5 gallons into a smaller container and Ph that. I got it down to a 6.5 and assumed that would be good. Even through in like 2.5 ML of calmag just cause I thought it might help - this was into the 1.5 gallons of water in the bucket before I used the smaller container. The first time I fed which was more than I had been giving since the plants seemed dry (pre-transplant) went fine but the next day I had droopy leaves across the 4 plants. Then I transplanted and that went horrible. 3 of the 4 plants seem to be recovering but one seems worse off than the others. Not sure what I should do before things get worse. I have not watered any since yesterday which is when the transplant went down. The others seem to be bouncing back like I said except for this one. Any help would be appreciated. Medium I used for the transplant was 70% happy frog and 30% coco loco. I threw in a little perlite, some forfarm 6-4-5 all purpose nutes and some norwegian kelp bliss to add more K. Like I said 3 appear to be rebounding but the 1 is not doing so hot. Also the temps range from 72 degrees during sleep to 82 during the day with a humidity that ranges anywhere from 40-52%.

6 Likes

Just give it some time sounds like your seedlings have been through alot since sprout so just give them a good watering about 6.2ph and check in a few days im sure they will bounce back also i dnt recommend nutes just yet the seedling has enough energy to go for a few weeks with out it. Plus happy frog has some nuts in it already the plant can feed on.

2 Likes

That’s what I would say. No nutes for a month at least.

1 Like

Welcome to GN. Sounds like your plants need fresh non adulterated water for a few days. Dont let them get to dry.

2 Likes

just wanted to provide an update. 2 weeks in at this point from planting my seeds. I was worried a few days ago but I let the girls hang out for a bit and i’ve also learned that maybe a 6.0 Ph might be too low for these young girls. I’ve been feeding them a 6.6-6.8 and they seem to be loving it and flourishing. The leaves on the one that initially worried me never officially rebounded but I’ve heard you track your progress from new growth and not from what happened in the past that still may be with you. I think it was the transplant shock and maybe two acidic of water for as young as these gals were or maybe just the strain. Just going to keep with what I’m doing at this point.

4 Likes

Sit back and breath… they are no different than tomato plants to grow… just far more valuable…the biggest issue is over watering and over feeding… if you under do every thing it is far easier to correct then try ing to remove shit…

3 Likes

3 week update. Up until about last week I realized I was underwatering. I was only getting the top wet enough. Since then I’ve started trying to feed the girls enough to where I have a puddle under the fabric pot. I’ve even filled up some pans with some water and let that soak into the plants twice which seems to be helping. So at this point I have two plants which look healthy but have a leaf or two with some discolored leaves. I have one plant whos tips all seem to point up and a have a tiny yellow tip. I have one that got affected during transplant and has been genuniely smaller than the rest. i’m sure you can tell. The stalk is legit smaller towards the soil and gets larger once the nodes start.The plants that look decent have some pieces of the leaves which seem like they’re getting eaten. I have done nothing for IPM but I honestly can’t see anything on the plants. I’ve come across some mosquitos it looks like on the yellow sticky pads. Any inputs/recommendations are appreciated.

2 Likes

I think your plants are looking good @bcsgrower! Just keep doing what your doing. Sounds like your on top of your watering issue.

it’s been about 3 weeks. All my girls seem to be doing well with the exception of one who has some random leaves that are brittle and showing odd signs. I’ve attached some pics. I don’t see any mites or anything moving on the leaves when I zoom in so I’m not sure what else it could be. It gets the same water and medium as her sisters. My only guess is that this plant has always been the runt and I think it’s stalk / roots had issues early on as the base of the plant has always been smaller than the other 3 plants. There are also some pics of a brown blob on the plant. I wasn’t sure if it this was a piece of soil or something? I also see an accumulation of white circles, are those eggs of some type or just something that occurred since the plants are degraded? any help is appreciated!

Snapshot@2020_0815_171343 Snapshot@2020_0815_171417 Snapshot@2020_0815_171455 Snapshot@2020_0815_171835 Snapshot@2020_0815_171951 Snapshot@2020_0815_172035 Snapshot@2020_0815_172440 Snapshot@2020_0815_172527 Snapshot@2020_0815_173327

Today something new cropped up. I watered a little heavier last time which was 4 days ago and noticed that my soil might have some type of fungus growing on it? Most plants seem fine but one it looks like half of it just has a haze over it. Plant looks fine and stalk looks good. Just didn’t know how critical this was and if it the plant needed to be pulled. I assume water less and maybe more circulation?

1 Like

Just started week 7 of flower. I have 3 plants which are all quite similar and one who is just doing something different in comparison to the others. The buds aren’t stacking like the others and even the colas seem skinnier. Bottoms of my plants are green and every few watering I have some leaves I pull because they appear to be dying off. I’m watering every 3 days and probably 6 liters for every 7 gallon pot. I get some water that leaks below the fabric pots but not a ton. Am I not watering enough? Some of the leaves look rough and some are fine. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks!

tomorrow begins week 8. strain information shows 60-70 days. attached are some pics. week and a half left or so? first grow and just looking for advice. not too many brown trichomes. a few here and there but definitely lots of cloudy…Snapshot@2020_1027_230133 Snapshot@2020_1027_230215 Snapshot@2020_1027_230509 Snapshot@2020_1027_230543 Snapshot@2020_1027_230752 Snapshot@2020_1027_231108 Snapshot@2020_1027_231152 Snapshot@2020_1027_231454 Snapshot@2020_1027_231535

2 Likes

Looking good, lots of milky white trichomes! It’s really close @bcsgrower. I’d give it a few more days, but don’t let too many amber trichs pop up on you. You start loosing your thc to cbn at that point, and potency. Congrats my friend!! :clap::clap:
:v:

2 Likes

I actually did my math wrong. I’m at day 57. Maybe I’ll give it 3 more days then kill the lights for a few days and let them sit in darkness.

2 Likes

Nicely done, everything looks great

1 Like