Newbie with questions

Hello, glad to be here. I am a total newbie. I absolutely love what this plant does for people. I am very interested in learning everything about it. I am doing my research so when the covid stuff die down I will start building everything I need. Any advice on where to start or go for info??

Things I know. I want to grow indoors (40in by 47in closet). Still deciding if hydroponically. Start with one plant to get the hang of it and see where it goes. Need high Indica hybrid. And that as far as I have gotten. Please help. Lol thank you in adavnce!!

4 Likes

First of all, Welcome to GN!
There’s plenty you need to tell the growers here if you want any good advice.
Things like : what’s the dimension of your grow room (closet)?
White reflective paint or Mylar on the walls?
Most importantly, what kind of lights do you have?
Will you use nutrients?
Do you have any controllers to help you with the grow room climate?

4 Likes

I was hoping you would message. I have read through alot of these threads and saw you often. To be honest I am not sure any of that but I will look into it and measure my space

4 Likes

If you want someone specific to see your threads, just put the @tattedruby before their names. Like I just did with yours here. That way they’ll get a notification and you’ll be sure to reach them :wink:

3 Likes

Nice thank you. I am new to forums as well. Lol

5 Likes

The size of your room will help determine the lights you’ll need!

4 Likes

It is 47 in. By 40 in I will edit up top as well

4 Likes

Also I was thinking about a grow tent??

5 Likes

Grow tents are nice if you have a decent one. Easier to control your environment, imo.

5 Likes

That space my friend may be a couple inches small for a tent plus you need to keep in mind the equipment needed… I think the smallest tent they make would be the size I use which is 48"x 48"x 4ft tall plus I’ve had to run 2 inline fans with ducting plus space outside tent to run ducting and electrical outlets… You could always do away with tent… Put mylar on walls but still need to factor in air flow… If you post some pics of space I could try to give you ideas for a set up… But one thing at a time my friend… Let’s get your space dialed in with set up first… Then we can move on to grow media and genetics

5 Likes

Awesome. When I get it cleared out I will post pics. We are moving things around in the house. Just had roommates move out. One thing I definitely have to do is keep odor to non existant as possible. There is a child that visits twice a month. Is that a thing??

4 Likes

That make sense @scotty17, I thought he was putting the tent in a different room. But for a closet, that’s a bit tougher to find. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

You will need a good carbon filter on your exhaust fan… afaik.

5 Likes

They could fit a 3x3 tent easily thats personally what i would do but to each their own are your days droning on waiting for the upcoming grow haha?

3 Likes

I have a 6 year old daughter… Locks on doors and always but yes ways around smell for sure if your only doing 1 plant then it won’t be a big deal… We have incense and candles and my wife puts rosemary around the apartment… No smell untill you open my bedroom door which I keep locked at all times unless I’m home… Keep in mind I don’t use a filter either but I’ve learned how to control the odor with a few simple dyi things

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

7 Likes

Nice thank you for the tips. If it is ok can I message you when I get my area cleaned out??

3 Likes

Carbon filters are cool for sure… But a dryer sheet and rubber band will work too @kapouic :wink::wink:… If you ever want to smoke with little odor too… Toilet paper roll with dryer sheet stuffed in one end and exhale through the other … Try it bro

2 Likes

Up to you but I value my health and dryer sheets are freakin toxic…up to you

2 Likes

Of course… Any questions anytime we are all here to help each other out

2 Likes